Note to New Members ×

USED Bindings for Coiler 185

Eboot

When you say plate, I guess you mean some sort of spacer to protect your board not an isolation plate, right?

If so, I've been through this process but never followed through. Apparently just cut two pieces of polycarbonate from the local hardware. I looked into it and my local hardware would cut them to shape for me for no cost. Was going to do this because I was going to mount a pair of OS1 on my Nirvana. Master Bruce V recommended it because something something point load something something broken snowboard... I'm clearly not an engineer.

Can just use the Catek shape. Maybe you can put some rubber between the TD and spacer, like the D3 elastomer from Catek. That's assuming I remember what it's called and didn't just make that up.

Edited by daveo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, daveo said:

When you say plate, I guess you mean some sort of spacer to protect your board not an isolation plate, right?

Correct.  Seems I have used the term incorrectly twice in the space of several breaths ?

i believe that hard carving can cause the TD1s to cut through the surface of a snowboard.  I am not sure that this is true of titanal boards as well but not willing to test that on Jack’s ex 185.

I've used 1/2lb mass loaded vinyl before that I had lying around for soundproofing.  It's 1/16" thick, super durable and smooths out the ride a smidge.  I cut them just  1/4" wider and made a 1/2" wide gasket for the center disk.  Sorry, no pics.  Don't have TD1's any more.  You can find MLV at Homies and Lowes.  Or just plastidip? 

• Like 1