Note to New Members ×

Insert picture button in "reply to this topic" frame ? Anyone ?

RoroSnow

Hi All,

It seems that's impossible to upload pictures (at least for me), in the reply section at the bottom of the page and this in any thread on the forum.

The insert picture button "Choose File" seem to have dissapeared....

Of course I cannot attach any screenshot of what I've got on my desktop screen !...

Anyone experiencing the same ?....

Edited by RoroSnow
I did forgot to write "Choose File" words to be more precise

Hi RoroSnow,

Being able to host pictures here is now for subscribing members.  The quantity of pictures already stored here increases the cost of hosting by a large amount.  If you don't want to subscribe, you'll need to use another service to host pictures such as www.tinypic.com or Google Photos.  Then you can put the direct link to the image in your post and it will be embedded automatically.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

howdy

every computer has a picture editor, most pc's have a program called paint. always make a copy of the photo then

you can use the resize in pixels or percentage and make it smaller.( warning! ) once you make it smaller there is no

way to get it bigger again without losing quality. I wish everyone could post pics, but have a limit in kb's, maybe 80kb

should be good enough to see. if you want bigger pic's have them email you the full size. just thinking...

3 hours ago, BlueB said:

Get the Image Shrink app. It' free, fast and easy to use. 

Good idea.  You could also "edit" the picture on your phone, make a change (e.g. crop, auto-adjust, etc), and save it.  That should compress the image again, making it smaller.

I wish we could all upload whatever.  Unfortunately we are right on the edge of the hosting service level, and the next level is almost double the monthly fee.  It will be difficult to donate to USASA/USSRT if that happens.

If everyone could go through their attachments and delete old stuff that isn't relevant anymore, that would be helpful.  Click your username at the top right, then click "My Attachments".

4 hours ago, west carven said:

I wish everyone could post pics, but have a limit in kb's, maybe 80kb

OK.  Let's give it a try.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 9:59 PM, softbootsurfer said:

I deleted All Photos...please feel free to delete any I missed...happy to help

Edit - I see you didn't delete ALL your photos... phew!  Thanks.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:23 PM, jburk said:

argh.  Am I missing something, or is there no "bulk delete".  First instinct is to sort by upload date, select everything older than X months, and delete N images in one go.

Unfortunately there isn't.  Just chip away at it whenever you get a chance, if you want.

Edited by Jack Michaud

• 1 month later...

Good news:

I found a setting in the Admin Control Panel that will automatically downsize pictures.  So now everyone can upload pics, even full size, and they will be automatically downsized.  Members will have a storage limit of 10MB, Supporting Members 50MB, Gold Members 100MB, Platinum members 200MB.  For now, we'll see how it goes.

• Thanks 1