Note to New Members ×

Donek Madd 158 vs Burton Factory Prime 158

1xsculler

17 minutes ago, workshop7 said:

Also, I think the MK 161 might have a longer effective edge than the FP 167.

Yes.  With the FP's, Burton settled on a formula of 15cm nose length and 5cm tail length, so a FP 167 would have 147cm effective.  MK 161 is probably 151cm effective or more.

My reason for bringing this up is I have a 2018 Coiler 163 SL, custom built for my weight, and an old (1995 to 2000ish best guess) Rossi 163 Slayer that I bought on Ebay for $29 and I don't notice a lot of, or any difference, in the way they ride. I like them both very much for their turnyiness. This is probably due to my lack of carving experience.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, 1xsculler said:

How would you expect these boards to compare?

That would depend on which combination of hallucinogens you took.

3 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

My reason for bringing this up is I have a 2018 Coiler 163 SL, custom built for my weight, and an old (1995 to 2000ish best guess) Rossi 163 Slayer that I bought on Ebay for $29 and I don't notice a lot of, or any difference, in the way they ride. I like them both very much for their turnyiness. This is probably due to my lack of carving experience.

You have taken the right combination.

Let's say it's 2001,(no MK) I had a blue factory prime and a Madd 158, took one run on the prime, laid into a front edge and it dug it's way to china, I landed 12' away, got to the bottom, sold that sucker....it tried to dig in all the way to the bottom...

The tip dug in and it submerged, it noodled, what a pos.

vs the madd 158, in it's day the best ice board available, excellent at carving on ice.

Not a noodle.