Note to New Members ×

Another Giffy Gif

Carvin' Marvin

Nice!  I've always found it a bit more challenging to pop back forward from a switch position.  Usually come up short of a full 180 which results in speed getting scrubbed off.  Depends on the board but some will tend to work better in terms of getting more pop off the tail to help get you rotate back to a forward position. 

13 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Neil, look up Casper Carver on YouTube. He rips. I'm hoping to get there some day.  Gabe, yeah that's the part I'm still trying to wrinkle out. Hence the wacky flailing arms at the end lol 

There is no video of Casper Carver linking more than 2 turns that I've seen.   He carves really well for one turn on heelside then hops it around back to normal.  Alternately, he does a so-so switch toeside into a nice switch heelside, then back around again.

7 minutes ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Alright I've got a new goal then. This is going to hurt a little bit lol. 

I don't mean to be critical of Casper Carver.  I can't do what he did (he's had to retire due to injury I hear).  I can link skidded switch turns on a green run, that's about it for me.  But I haven't given it much practice.  I think with some practice I could link lazy, "Norm" style carved turns.  Linking switch turns with any real input to the board would be pretty cool.  It would also require a spotter to be safe because you can't see for shit.

Edited by Neil Gendzwill

2 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

I don't mean to be critical of Casper Carver.  I can't do what he did (he's had to retire due to injury I hear).  I can link skidded switch turns on a green run, that's about it for me.  But I haven't given it much practice.  I think with some practice I could link lazy, "Norm" style carved turns.  Linking switch turns with any real input to the board would be pretty cool.  It would also require a spotter to be safe because you can't see for shit.

No you're totally right. Hadn't seen the video in a while. I'll get my tricky little brother and inkaholic to help me out 

9 hours ago, charliechocolate said:

Paging @BlueB.

Unfortunately, I don't have any good vids of it... Roy's relative Perry might have one from Whistler... 

Mind you, while I can link quite a few clean ones on mellower terrain, I never go hip to snow switch carving.