Note to New Members ×

Swapping Liners in Driver X

daveo

Driver X have been my favorite boots since they first came out. Switched to old Scarpa tall powerwrap style liners several years ago. I think they were made by Palau back then. Added a custom powerstrap to them to have them tight around my leg. It stiffened the Driver X a lot, while having a better progressive forward flex. Changed the Driver X a few times since, but still use the same liner in them. Probably changing to one of the Intuition Powerwraps (don't know which one yet) before the end of season, because the Scarpas are pretty much dead now. Never going back to using the stock Burton liners.

• Like 1

Definitely switch out the stock liners.  I like something with a high collar and a hard plastic tongue for extra stiffness.  High end ski shops stockpile boot liners as they sell custom liners with new boots.  These go for cheap, and some are decent. 

Booster strap sounds like a great idea too.  I might try that tomorrow.

Off topic: how it that Mig is a Groomer Grommet with 256 posts and 124 points, while daveo is a Rider Extraordinaire with only 164 posts and 12 points?  I pushed past 100 posts this week thinking I could finally choose my own rank or at least be promoted, but I'm still a Groomer Grommet.  What the heck Bomber?  I've been a member for 11 years!  How many posts does it take?  Why does daveo outrank Mig?  

I personally swapped my upz liners with Palau hard overlap ones. Maybe I should just stick with this kind in the driver x?

Anyone know how high their driver x cuff is? Just worried the Palau overlap might be too high... 

PS: I sense some jealousy of my stealthily rising girthy internet appendage. :ph34r:

Edited by daveo

1 hour ago, crackaddict said:

Off topic: how it that Mig is a Groomer Grommet with 256 posts and 124 points, while daveo is a Rider Extraordinaire with only 164 posts and 12 points?  I pushed past 100 posts this week thinking I could finally choose my own rank or at least be promoted, but I'm still a Groomer Grommet.  What the heck Bomber?  I've been a member for 11 years!  How many posts does it take?  Why does daveo outrank Mig?  

I wonder if it has to do with the "new" reputation piece?  You should pm Corey... Old crack addicts should roam free.

1 hour ago, daveo said:

Anyone know how high their driver x cuff is? Just worried the Palau overlap might be too high... 

Why? It really doesn't matter if your liner sticks out a bit...

2 hours ago, crackaddict said:

Quality not quantity ? ouch !

4 hours ago, crackaddict said:

I pushed past 100 posts this week thinking I could finally choose my own rank or at least be promoted, but I'm still a Groomer Grommet.  What the heck Bomber? 

Used to be that was an automatic upgrade related to post count. You may be able to manually change that title to something like 'leukocyte' or 'dangle of repose'.

11 minutes ago, Beckmann AG said:

Right, but one thing can lead to another, and the next thing you know:

http://www.scaboots.com/Mens-Sir-Henry-Leather-Thigh-and-Knee-Boots_p_1.html

And what is so wrong with that?  (Other than the hard sole and additional heel lift.)  :ices_ange

8 minutes ago, Beckmann AG said:

Used to be that was an automatic upgrade related to post count. You may be able to manually change that title to something like 'leukocyte' or 'dangle of repose'.

I wonder what the post count until you can edit?  I'm just glad we made it.  

BTW OP get some Intuition plug wraps to give those Driver X some additional "responsiveness".

Edited by lonbordin
I dropped one of these )