Note to New Members ×

Snowpro Lift Shims

charliechocolate

1) Get Tognar ski binding cant strips. Available in 1/2 degree increments up to 3 deg. Just cut to length (with anything.... an xacto saw would do) and drill (or poke with a hot awl?)

2) skateboard riser pads. You only need to drill a few (two?) holes. Get the solid kind.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, lonbordin said:

Make me an offer... c'mon you've always wanted to step-in. :ices_ange

Tempting but I can't justify the cost. Surprised no one's bit yet. Can I borrow just the shims so I can make 3D models of them? I'll buy you a six pack or something :biggthump

On 2/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, teach said:

1) Get Tognar ski binding cant strips. Available in 1/2 degree increments up to 3 deg. Just cut to length (with anything.... an xacto saw would do) and drill (or poke with a hot awl?)

2) skateboard riser pads. You only need to drill a few (two?) holes. Get the solid kind.

This is worth a shot. Thanks!

1 hour ago, charliechocolate said:

Can I borrow just the shims so I can make 3D models of them?

Yes you can. I'll try to remember to stick one in my jacket. Unless they are all in the bindings... 

Quickest way is still the thin cutting board from Ikea. It can be cut even with good scissors. Then you layer them to get to desired thickness. 

28 minutes ago, BlueB said:

Yes you can. I'll try to remember to stick one in my jacket. Unless they are all in the bindings... 

Quickest way is still the thin cutting board from Ikea. It can be cut even with good scissors. Then you layer them to get to desired thickness. 

Too bad you don't like beer. Maybe laphroaig...