Note to New Members ×

DGSS for Raichle and clones boot

Pokolikrat

DGSS spring system for Raichle by Roberto alias Drupi on extreme carving forum. This system is better than BTS. It was available for UPZ originally now also for Raichle. Delivery from Italy about 3 days. It took actually longer to get it from FedEx. I am using softer springs. Hopefully I will put it in the test next weekend.

image.jpg

$120 for new pair. I want them for modification. And when you take hag saw and grinder  to boots pretty much you will not sale them if it does not work. So far I like them actually this is the first Raichle style boot which somehow works for me. Maybe because I made them shorter as much as I could and put the softest tongue on the front boot and old Raichle thermoliners in. With size 26.5 I have no problems with overhang. Maximum front binding angle in these days is 55 depending on the board. Of course I do not ride 15 - 17.5 cm wide boards anymore due to foot surgery. Now I am on 19 to 21cm.

With shipping about $130. I had 2 BTS on Head boots. What I think BtS block pivots around upper pin nothing else keep it in place with upper portion of the boots alignment is mostly done by shaft and springs in pretty tight fit inside the block body. If you go with smaller lighter spring you can see the block moves , it starts to rotate around the pin. I made hole in the block into the groove to give the shaft some  movement with upper part of the boot. I just did not like that block rotation, there was always something it does not feel right with BTS. You can see springs getting paint scraped off on one side. That's my opinion, but I can be wrong.

The block on DGSS is attached by screw to the boot, it is not visible . The screw is under big rotating pin in the middle of the block. There is another system similar ACSS also from extreme carving forum but guy who makes it never answer my e mail. I made two purchases from Roberto and he provides  great service and delivery is absolutely the fastest.

I have 2 BTS for sale if somebody looking for them. $25 plus shipping and I can probably  find some spare extra light spring with it . Lighter than yellow.

• Like 1

A7974603-_E579-4_EC2-_A303-1_EBF412_FCCA

I bought these more than five years ago, the guy that made them was in Yugoslavia and they arrived via usps, ha, the packag had been torn apart so many times, I found it humorous, put them in the "27" AF700's with brand new Zipp lines, never used them, intended to use them in powder.

Not thread jacking, just humorous 

Edited by ursle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...