Note to New Members ×

Donek 178cm Alpine Snowboard - 175 + Shipping

Senior_Technical_Writer

Selling my Donek 178 alpine board. I don't have many other details as I bought this used a few years back. No information/stats on the board (length/sidecut/mfg date, etc). Pictures show the condition. I can slide 14 US quarters to show sidecut, and I can slide 5 US quarters underneath to demonstrate camber. Bad storage wax job on the bottom; base is in very good condition. Slight rust here and there on edges. Edges and sidewalls are in great shape as are the inserts. Top sheet shows discoloration where the Bomber TD2 bindings sat; minor nicks and along the top sheet, and the dark mark between the inserts if from boot sole. Carves extremely well - really like the board, I just have too many. I have a lot more pictures too. DSCF5531.thumb.JPG.645ba784a3b73c88352a7e6a463415bf.JPG

Ships from the Madison, Wisconsin area. Buy pays actual shipping costs. PayPal F and F. 

DSCF5507.JPG

DSCF5515.JPG

DSCF5530.JPG

Ok, while waiting for your response, this is what I was able to google out: 

It seems to be a Donek Axxess 177, pressed after Donek's graphic design competition of 2006. Specs should be something like:  
177 - 153 - 10.9 - 27.20 - 21.50 - 26.80 - 7.0 - 630 

I'd still like to hear stiffness comparison to another similar board, or how it felt for your weight... 

Hey Boris, 

looks like my old Ax,  it is an 06, and it is a wee bit on the stiff side,  Sean used to build them rather beastly back in the day. If i remember correctly , it  is a 10.5 single radius, and it probably has about 50 days on it.  I had it ground once, I don’t think the guy i sold it to ever rode it  Waist is 21 cm

mario

Edited by big mario

47 minutes ago, big mario said:

Hey Boris, 

looks like my old Ax,  it is an 06, and it is a wee bit on the stiff side,  Sean used to build them rather beastly back in the day. If i remember correctly , it  is a 10.5 single radius, and it probably has about 50 days on it.  I had it ground once, I don’t think the guy i sold it to ever rode it  Waist is 21 cm

mario

Hey Mario, thanks, I thought it might have been yours. It's a beauty. 

"A wee bit stiff"... How would you compare it to a Prior 4WD 174, or a Tanker 192/200? Or even Pure Carve Maverick 175? 

Edited by BlueB

Your welcome Boris,

Good eye! That was my first custom stick, I didn't want to let it go, but I wasn't riding it anymore, so I sold it to a local rider.  The closest thing I could compare it to would be my 87 wide tanker, I'd say it's about 25-35% stiffer than that. I know you had the OES boards for a bit, it was about as stiff as the 185 race, if I am remembering correctly

Hope that helps,

Mario

Hi Boris,

Let me know if you still want me to send pictures, but it looks like this might be too stiff for you. And thanks for the research too. I bought this online 2 years ago, and from what I recall, it shipped from the Summit County area. It's a great board (as big mario knows!). Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...