Note to New Members ×

A new carving event put on by a ski area.

Keenan

Dang! I want to go, but already planning to ride the 14th and the 16th at Meadows, and really uncertain if my tired old legs can handle a threepeat / hat trick...have a friend in town that day too, come to think of it. On the other hand, it sounds super fun, so let me think about it... :-)

I'm there this weekend but I guess that's a week early. Just as well cuz' it's gonna dump so I'm not even bringing my carving equipment, just softies and an arbor. I do home some local PNW hardbot carvers show up and represent. I do love that softboot carving is making a comeback, makes it even more fun to throw down and demonstrate just how powerful your lines can be with hardboots and plates.

Weird that they are holding it at timberline ... it's pretty flat. Meadows would be a way better venue.

Edited by queequeg

I'm bummed I missed it.  Domestic obligations that Saturday and all, but I figure I'm winning if my 14- and 17-year old daughters still want to hang out with me; in not too many years they'll be out of the house and I'll have all the time in the world for things like this.  Sunday was good at Meadows once it softened up.

Did anyone get any pictures to post?