Note to New Members ×

Cateks?

1xsculler

F2 stepin heel and F2 micro adjustable toe works perfectly for me on my rear Catek OS2s.  You could probably just use the Catek OS2 heel bail on the toe if you didn't want to buy the F2 toe.  I prefer the microadjustability of the F2 toe as you can easily fine tune it with a POS 3 handy-dandy snowboard ratchet screwdriver tool on the hill with minimal time and effort.

Edited by 1xsculler
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, matthew said:

Please forgive my asking: can cateks be purchased new? I see the website with the online store but all the posts I read here make it sound like they are a thing of the past. That's what is confusing me. Is it that the tech is no longer fresh? Better options out there? I'd be interested in messing with a very adjustable binding that would help me figure out what lift and cant I really need.

Matt,

That was my initial intention to get OS1 for any newbie but you have progressed and I see you have found your comfort zone.  I recommend you to buy some more wedges & lifts for your f2 and just add/remove what you have. Catek is in history. Don't get me wrong. I still love Catek's adjustability but now, I rarely change my bindings setup, except stance width.   

8 hours ago, matthew said:

Please forgive my asking: can cateks be purchased new? I see the website with the online store but all the posts I read here make it sound like they are a thing of the past. That's what is confusing me. Is it that the tech is no longer fresh? Better options out there? I'd be interested in messing with a very adjustable binding that would help me figure out what lift and cant I really need.

Hi Matt, Catek is out of business. As you noticed, the website and store are still online (which creates confusion), but they have not shipped any product for years. 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Hi Matt, Catek is out of business. As you noticed, the website and store are still online (which creates confusion), but they have not shipped any product for years. 

That's so irresponsible.  I mean, someone must be paying to keep the domain and site running.  Why not pull the online payment part at least to stop that?  It smells bad to me...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corey_dyck said:

That's so irresponsible.  I mean, someone must be paying to keep the domain and site running.  Why not pull the online payment part at least to stop that?  It smells bad to me...  

Yeah...and as a bonus, it appears to me that the domain registration was updated in November last year: https://www.whois.com/whois/catek.com If you're paying enough attention to update the domain, why not take down the store? 

I vaguely remember that someone was supposed to be taking over from Jeff, but it seems that did not come to fruition. 

Edited by Dan

On 4/3/2017 at 10:08 PM, nekdut said:

I can't believe that catek.com is still up and accepting orders.  Who's even paying the hosting bill?

Alright folks, let's all take a deep breath here and shake it out. Reach up to the sky and wiggle your fingers. A little cat-cow wouldn't hurt either to bring down the heart rate. Right now, the Catek site seems to exist entirely as a Sadness Generator or a Dashed Hopes Machine, tempting prospective buyers with slinky photos of sexy, if a bit outdated, bits of machined billet aluminum and stainless steel that they cannot buy. If some shadowy figure wants to pay a hosting fee for the purpose of disappointing people, it's slightly cruel, but not criminal. But at least as of about this time last year, as rjnakata goaded me into testing, the payment function has been disabled. I couldn't even register an account to start the transaction process. So, for those of you crying out for FR2s or branded spacers, you'll probably want to re-route that money to your therapist. If you're looking for OS2s, do yourself a favor and try this.

• Like 4