Note to New Members ×

Upz boot cant

slapos

All right ladies nad gentlemen,

I would like all UPZ users to chime in with regards to how do you set up your boot cant on the canting adjusters.

I got a feeling that if you set them up on the same position on both sides, you will just change slightly the position of the hinge instead of changing the canting.

Any clues ?

All feedback appreciated.

1488832355431663316843.jpg

14888323837981971373010.jpg

39 minutes ago, slapos said:

So you basically set the up the way you see on the picture. Arrows downward

And just out of curiosity - which tongues do you use ?

Yes. Arrows downward.

I have Black and Grey Shell tongues.  I typically used the blacks.

I used a thin intuition liner not the stock FLOs.

I'm much larger than average (194cm, 112kg).

I had a bit of pressure trouble at the top of the boots. So I removed the liners, put the boots in the bindings, stepped into the boots and set the cant so that the boot cuff is as nearly equidistant from my legs on the in- and outside as I could make it. Feels better now. The 2nd and 3rd buckle on the rear boot are rather worn down, but they still hold up.

I use the red tongues, but then I'm only 6' and 155 lbs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aracan said:

I removed the liners, put the boots in the bindings, stepped into the boots and set the cant so that the boot cuff is as nearly equidistant from my legs on the in- and outside as I could make it.

^^That's how I was told to do it. I started in the "highest setting" (arrow down) both sides, because of the buckle issue, and then did the above to align the cuffs with my legs. At present, I seem to prefer the feel, under my feet, of pure heel (3° rear) and toe (6° front) lift on my bindings with no canting, so this helped fine tune things from the sole up.

Edited by bigwavedave

1 hour ago, queequeg said:

Since I am somewhat bow-legged, I use the cants to tilt the cuffs outward somewhat, which really helps when I am riding higher angles.

I felt the same way about my leg and i had pressure point on outside of the boot so i set the outside of disk with arrow facing all the way up (this way it moves the cuff outwards then no more pressure. you have the most outward cant if you have outside disk with arrow facing all the way up and the inner disk with arrow facing all the way down.

I will check one more time when i go home .....

I use some outward cant on my bindings, and found that I needed to cant the cuffs to suit. So I'm at the middle position on the inner adjuster, and one away from middle on the outer, so that the cuffs lean inwards. I just noticed the rear boot lower cuff buckle is a little worn. Nothing serious, though, and I think I'm on season 3 with these. 312 m shell ("size 28.5").

On 3/7/2017 at 2:54 PM, yamifumi said:

I felt the same way about my leg and i had pressure point on outside of the boot so i set the outside of disk with arrow facing all the way up (this way it moves the cuff outwards then no more pressure. you have the most outward cant if you have outside disk with arrow facing all the way up and the inner disk with arrow facing all the way down.

I will check one more time when i go home .....

Sorry, it was opposite. If you have outside disk's arrow facing all the way down then you will have outward cant.