Note to New Members ×

UPZ RCR, Deeluxe 425?

1xsculler

10 hours ago, Aracan said:

Boot stiffness for a given application is very much a matter of personal riding style and preference. Personally, I have experimented with stiffer and softer boots, and I find that the softer ones suit me better. YMMV, however.

I agree, I have experimented with stiff and soft boots as well. At first, I thought stiffer is better as I would think it is more responsive but I prefer softer boots set up now that i have experimented with softer one.

I have RC-10 with red tongue (softest tonge) and spring system. Also added power strap plus.

more of your personal preference.

Edited by yamifumi

I'm not sure if the ATB rates "softer". I haven't tried it, but I'd guess it's "very soft". The longitudinal stiffness of UPZ boots is very much subject to the stiffness of the tongues and springs used. Yamifumi's boots are probably at least as soft (longitudinally, anyway) as the 225.

4 minutes ago, TLN said:

I guess you should choose your "fit": deeluxe or UPZ. And in both lineups it's getting pretty obvious, isn't it? I mean, you choise fit first, then flex second. You won't switch brands, because UPZ is slightly softer then deeluxe.

Fit is king! That said with UPZs you can change the flex multiple ways. Stiffer or less stiff tongues, stiffer cuffs, stiffer toe and heel blocks, and upgrading the top strap.

• Like 1