Note to New Members ×

plate bindings with Burton channel

lamby

Yes, both of those. So I just drilled my 4x4 f2 titanium plates so that the numbers line up correctly, but they work fine unmodified if as stated you don't care about the angle numbers.

Note that in the first two seasons of the channel things were a little different, so if you're looking at those boards it's more of a challenge. They improved the hardware later, now it's easy. From memory the first version of the channel would not work with anything (the bolt sizes were too small or some such), but the second season could be used with some minor washers and stuff.

And before anyone says it, I've never damaged a board that way and although it seems like two bolts is going to be less strong than four.... it is apparently adequate to the job.

6 hours ago, philw said:

And before anyone says it, I've never damaged a board that way and although it seems like two bolts is going to be less strong than four.... it is apparently adequate to the job.

usuing the whole of both channels for retention into the core rather than 2 nickle sized inserts

Edited by b0ardski

I warranty replaced two OG channel 2009 burton custom x boards before they sent me a new old stock 2008 with three hole. I maliciously removed the inserts from the channel with softboot bindings. Don't know about the updated version channel as this was the last burton I owned before jumping on doneks and coilers, oh my...

Edited by slopestar

I snapped the Bolt on the early version channel...no problem once they beefed up the bolt size...I also have my binding way back on the front foot and way forward on the back foot to give me a 20.5" stance width, have had no problems with this set up and can apply a lot of torque with my 3 straps...so you should be good to go, plus PhilW above has mucho experience here as mentioned above, I thought the channel would ruin the flex our change it somehow from the Supermodels before with 3 hole pattern, but never experienced anything bad because of the channel...