Note to New Members ×

RIP our friend and member Xolufus "Matthew Harris"

www.oldsnowboards.com

I only knew Matt through the forum, never met him, but he seemed like a really decent, stand-up guy.  Yes, rest in peace and condolences to family and friends.

Agreed. I bought some stuff from him this fall and he was great. Even knowing someone just virtually, news like this takes your breath away. Just terrible.

• Like 1

Matt was a very successful business man.   He had done well and lived the life.   Last season he returned once again to the Vail area and told me it was the best time of his life.  He was a quiet collector of many things including snowboards.   We always had a lot to talk about :)   He had found his own path and seldom was it conventional.  I know that the past few years had their ups and downs.   I will miss him and his perspective on all things.  Bryan

What a loss. I met Matt for an afternoon at Vail a few years ago and we had a great time albeit short. And only just this fall he hooked me up with a great set of bindings, personally putting them together with the best parts in his collection. Super nice guy. May he rest in peace.

• Like 1

I didn't know Matt in person, but we traded emails and boards including a sweet Madd 180 he wanted and a 158 that "someone" else got =).  

This was a stand-up guy always willing to help and sensitive to people's feelings.  People were important to him.

Thanks for posting Bryan and for the great pics.  I wish I could have known Matt more.

RJ

such a loss,

Matt's a rider after my own heart; i.e. rides hardboots on all mt boards, switch, trees, pow, more to life than trenchin blue groomers.

never met him in person (my loss) chatted on the phone a couple times over the years about boards. Just a few months ago I bought my beloved nidecker escapes from him (will be getting a donek promad {proteus core nomad} like his next season). A great ambassador for our sport, gone too soon. prayers for all loved ones.

may your heavenly trenches make the angels smile :ices_ange