Note to New Members ×

What stomppads do you guys like?

Guest funko

so far i've been riding for a few seasons without a stomppads on my beautiful prior 4x4. but i think i'm finaly done with accidental slipping off teh lift esp when there is a steep small hill.

i still have the foam thin one that my F2 titaniums came with but i'm afraid that it'll literally get torn with teh foam coming off after a while.....

do those studs actually work with hard boots that bomber sells? or do most of you just use the normal plastic ones

It's funny, whenever someone mentions stomp pads, there are a few who say that they don't need them, usually with a little hint of pride, as if it's a mark of a good rider not to need one :)

I don't mind admitting that I need them. I use the square one that has the big spikes, the kind you don't want to step on in your bare feet. I have a much easier time getting off lifts and getting snow off my heels with these things.

I've used stomp pads that had too high of a profile. I ended up accidently kicking the stomp pad off will scraping snow off the bottom of my boots.

After losing the stomp pads, I haven't replaced them. I have then fallen on my a$$ several times from stepping on the slippery board. I really need to replace those stomp pads.

i still have the foam thin one that my F2 titaniums came with but i'm afraid that it'll literally get torn with teh foam coming off after a while.....

I use to have one of those on one of my boards. Been riding it for approx. 15 days in the last two years and it shows no signs of peeling off or getting torn. With all the t-bar lifts in Austria and Germany you definitely want a stomp pad.

Because of aesthetical reasons I prefer the clear ones though.

Thin clear cut stomp pad (6" x 8"). Has surface texture like an orange peel. Should not cause an issue (divot) or need to be removed if/when you have a base grind.

"Clearly the best traction and deck protection offered. Unlike traditional neoprene, this stopm pad resist snow packing and gives you an accurate feel and control of your board."

My guess is the thickness is around 1mm so it travles well with others.

Tele 612-780-4911

Guest jeremiah

I use the clear Dakine Chuck stomp pad. I like it because the shape works well with high angles, it doesn't protrude too much from the board, and it has a nice boot scraper built in.

I've had it since I got my Axis, and it is as solid as the day I mounted it.

Jeremiah

post-77-141842202378_thumb.jpg

Aahhh, the old "Burton big stomp pad". I have 3 of these on various boards and have had them for at least 10 to 15 years. Those things just last forever, they're low and unobtrusive and they can be pealed off and re-applied (without leaving any residue) a seamingly infinite amount of times. 3M aint got nothing on them. Recently though I aquired a couple of clear Dakine stomp pads in the shape of the (chopper) cross. They are nice and low with about 2 dozen little spikes on them. Work well.

The child bride bought me one for Christmas a few years ago. It was clear plastic and had little knubbies. You mounted it by peeling off a backing paper. Unfortunately it didn't adhere very well and would slide off of it's own accord if the board wasn't stored perfectly flat.

Eventually I gave up on it but have to admit there have been a few times getting off the lift that it would have come in handy.

Shred got me into those metalic Bakoda C-Trac thinggies a few yrs ago, and I think those are the greatest for hardboots (for me). Never freezes, always there to scrape the snow off the boots, and great traction (lay 4 of them in square figure) off the lift. Each is about the size of old dollar coin (or slightly bigger) in diameter.

Bummer that none of the local places here carry these, so I always have to Google-search some funky shops online each time. (I once suggested if Bomber would carry them.)

Also, they come in a pack of 3, and I always use 4 per board. Bummer that they don't come in a pack of 4.

They work great, and look great. :)

1018.jpg

If any of you fellow NORTH north amercans(aka canadians) come across a maple leaf stomp pad, could you buy it and ship it to me? I would be more than happy to pay you for the item and for the shipping. I've looked here in SoCal and all I find is the US flag.