Note to New Members ×

TWS article on the collector market

Neil Gendzwill

Dang. I'd pay $100 for a good reproduction Londonderry. It would be a great conversation piece on the wall.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!  I have no interest at regular prices, but it's neat as a copy that doesn't try to pass itself off as an original.  

Disclaimer: I also have reprinted art prints.  

When I saw this line in the article:

Minutes later, the auction was posted to the VST Facebook Page, where everyone had kept quiet about it to cut down competition. “I didn’t win ☹. Another board reaches 30K,” said Bryan Sutherland, a known board hoarder from Vancouver, Washington, whose collection supposedly numbers in the thousands. “…I am jealous. What a great piece of snowboard history.”

I immediately thought oldsnowboards.com........thousands  :eek: ?!??.

Am assuming this is our Bryan?

Interesting story about all the fake old Burtons out there.

Link here

It is an interesting story. Weirdly, though, It just sort of peters out, leaving me feeling like the more satisfying ending would have been the Salty Peaks dude tracking down the fraudster-with-a-heart-of-gold, punching him in the face and then trashing the TWS offices with an old Snurfer for having put the guy up to it. Everybody involved looks bad in the end. In fact, it sort of felt like that was the writer's intent all along.

Edited by lordmetroland