Note to New Members ×

Coiler On CBC

RCrobar

Hi

For all you non-Canadian Bomber members out there, CBC is the acronym for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.  Hockey Night in Canada and the National News on CBC television are part of the Canadian cultural fabric.

‘Only in Canada’ is a 5 to 10 minute special interest, documentary type series that is aired on the CBC National News.  This series focuses on interesting people and places in Canada.  This spring I nominated Bruce Varsava for this series.

What I am hoping this thread will do is inspire riders from all over the world to request that the CBC run a story on Coiler, Bruce and Carving.  Below is my entry.

Go to this link if you would like to nominate Bruce.

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/onlyincanada/

Cheers

Rob

One Man Workshop for a World of Carvers

Bruce Varsava of Coiler Snowboards

In the world of snowboarding, Bruce Varsava is a legendary rider, board builder and the founder of Coiler Snowboards.  His snowboard designs and top quality construction are respected and ridden by boarders literally around the world.

Not bad for a Canadian guy who personally hand builds EVERY board, ONE at a time, in Oro Medonte, On. 

Dig deeper into this story and you will also find a sub-culture of snowboarders in there 30’s, 40’s and 50’s who are in search of the perfect carved turn. Everyone from Olympic and World Cup riders to the weekend warrior praise the Coiler ride.

You can find a great person and an even better story for your fantastic “Only in Canada” TV series with the following contact information:

info@coiler.com

486 Lakeshore Rd E

Oro Medonte, On

L0L 2E0

705-487-0751

Edited by RCrobar

Does Bruce know there are going to be satellite trucks and movie vans clogging his street ?

No he doesn't.  I did ponder this thought, it brings a big smile to my face when I do.  I guess if he reads this thread he will know.   

Fingers crossed that the CBC picks up the story!!   :biggthump

I couldn't register with either my Hotmail or Yahoo accounts.

Thanks for trying Corey, it is the thought that counts.

Nice initiative Rob

Thank you.  I hope a few riders agree and enter Bruce's name.

Cheers Everyone

Rob

Edited by RCrobar