Note to New Members ×

Donek Freecarve vs Legacy

ata88

Sean doesn't have the demos of the legacy or the freecarve, we do.  The Donek demo fleet lives at Bomber most of the time, so we can help with any demos you may need.

ata88, give me a call here at Bomber and let's chat some.  I can break down the differences here for you, but I still would like to chat and ask you some more in depth questions.  Our number is 970.513.7733.

The two boards are very different decks.  The Legacy is a throwback to vintage shapes and flex patterns with a single sidecut radius, whereas the Freecarve series is a variable sidecut board, with a tighter sidecut in the nose and larger in the tail.  The legacy is going to turn more reliably in the same shape, whereas the Freecarve allows for more variation in the turn shapes, sizes and speeds.  Both are awesome decks, it's just a matter of which works for you, hence wanting to chat and ask some more in-depth questions.

The Legacy is a throwback to vintage shapes and flex patterns with a single sidecut radius, whereas the Freecarve series is a variable sidecut board, with a tighter sidecut in the nose and larger in the tail.

I thought OP was about the original FC, which was more of a single radius (or quadratic?)...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I thought OP was about the original FC, which was more of a single radius (or quadratic?)...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The current Freecarve has a variable sidecut radius, be it metal or not.  As for older FCs, I'm not sure what their radii were like.

• 5 months later...

The older FCs were single radius.

I believe in 2010 they went to variable sidecut radius, longer in the tail.  The original FC had a parabolic sidecut that approximated a single "radius".  The Proteus is like this, and maybe the Legacy is too.  Wicked fun for more aggressive carving.  The VSRs with longer tail radius will "surf out" a turn more, drawing out the bottom half of each carve longer.