Note to New Members ×

Bubba Scrub

RobertAlexander

• 2 weeks later...

Pre jumping really achieves the same thing.....

I'm aware of pre-jumping in downhill and I respectfully beg to differ.

A pre-jump tries to avoid the lift in the lip and is achieved by raising the CoG, whereas a scrub seems to me to be a deliberate downweighting of the CoG while also avoiding the lift in the lip by throwing the rider/vehicle off the surface by a sideways rotation.

The scrub, if performed well, should result in the rider being back on the surface with even less air time than a pre-jump. It would be very tricky to perfect & perform on skis, but if able to be done could make for a definite time gain. Or maybe more likely than downhill skiing, boardercross/skicross racing.

Innovation often transfers from one area to another. Just depends on whether someone has the vision to see the potential.

Edited by SunSurfer

Both are trying to achieve getting back to the ground faster by avoiding the lip of the jump. The execution is different. You can't prejump a dirt bike, skiing or snowboarding you don't have loaded up suspension to deal with or a giant mass you can use to manipulate the other to straighten back out for a landing. I doubt you will see ski or snowboard racers scrubbing, they will evolve differently.