Note to New Members ×

Just one board....

slopestar

If you had to pick just one board. A daily driver. What would it be. Size/SCR/waist/the basic specs.

I'm down to a five board quiver. But my Hardboot choices didn't work out this year for me.

Current quiver consists of...

1.Donek Custom Twin tip freestyle 163

Super fun when my legs are jello or I want to play

2.Oxygen Shogun Directional twin 170

Pow board. Never sees the snow. I live in Southern California and we

don't get powder anymore...

3.Donek Custom Saber vsr 9-11 SCR 165

My workhorse. Can't get enough of this board...

4.Coiler Vsr 168 xt

Super fun but not quite right...

5.Sg full race Titan 185

Scary and too much board for me. I prefer a smaller sidecut

I'm leaning towards a narrower, metal saber with more nose at 172. 10-13 SCR but I am totally open to suggestion. I had a 164 coiler slalom that I loved but was just to small for me and rode a proteus 170 for a spell but it was more of a one trick pony and I want a go to anytime anywhere Hardboot setup. Feedback??? Please?

I think there was a thread asking the same question a couple of months ago, and my answer from then hasnt changed: 200cm Tanker Crown

However, id never give up owning a quiver of boards.

Sweet choice!  Tanker "Crown" 200cm is a hard to come by Rad-Air Rarity.

Me? Powder = 200cm 2002 Tanker, pure beef, great shape and construction. 

Carving = Tinkler 185cm TNT , my "go to" alpine do everything board.  Originally built for another BOL member, turns out to be my favorite. 

Wanting something that turns aggressively when I want it to but I can let run as well. My saber does it so well. It's based on a board I got from Big Canuck a few years back. It's nearly identical in shape. Seems like my quiver is stuck in the 166 range but the 185 scared the crap out me

Edited by slopestar

One board? You must be nuts! :)

Kidding aside, it's a very tough one.... I'd have to carve flat and steep, ride poor conditions, freeride/pow, fool around and teach carvers and beginners on the same plank... Everything I've got is less then ideal for some aplication. Nidecker Proto is the closest but is not good for aggressive carving on anything more then a very mild blue.

I'd have to build a custom based of my Kessler BX narrow 168. It would need a bigger pow nose and a bit tighter radius in the tail... Oh, and not prone to braking but without making it heavy...

Edited by BlueB

But I am wondering what alpine setup would be best as a daily driver. Maybe a custom rev? I'm also 210lbs and have been know to bend just about any board.

maybe a proteus-type at 171cm and ~12m radius? at *ahem* 224# my daily driver is a 172 silberpfeil.