Note to New Members ×

A Good Bye to Michelle at Bomber

fin

Best of Luck, Michelle!  Thank you for your years of helpful and professional service to the Alpine community.  You are a model of customer service.  Nobody will ever do it better!  Hope to see you again someday.

Edited by Jack Michaud
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Michelle, can you give us some update details about your new business and how it is progressing?  Starting a new restaurant can be really tough,  we can help with the support of that venture.  I know of at least two BOL members that have had their own trials and successes with new restaurants. 

• Like 1

Thanks for asking!  The restaurant is part of a small franchise, so we've had a lot of help and support from the guys who started the original location. We're the 6th location to open, with the original one being in Frisco, CO.  Some of you may have seen it/been there if you've been to Summit county as there's another one in Breck. Opening a restaurant is NOT easy, but with their help it moves the progress along faster. We are in Pagosa Springs, CO, about 20 miles downhill from Wolf Creek pass and about 50 miles east of Durango, CO.  It's warm and sunny down here!

We opened March 9th and had a wait on day 3 - yay!  There is a big mud season here so April and May were slower but the summer tourists are arriving and it's picking up at a good rate. We've got the local crowd hooked so our lunches are as popular as our dinners!  When it gets slow, we like to spice things up so I send my BF/GM out in the alligator suit to dance around town. People LOVE it and they appreciate the fun atmosphere. With zydeco music playing and free beads, it's like Mardi Gras every day here. 

We have a great location - across the street from the Hot Springs Resort which is the biggest draw to this town. http://www.pagosahotsprings.com/.  The San Juan River runs through town and in the summer people tube down it - right past my front door. There's all kinds of little shops and such in the downtown area so people are always walking around. There's a lot of Texans that have 2nd homes here, and Texans love Cajun food almost as much as us Cajuns!  There's also a lot of Louisiana people that live here and the word is spreading to all the surrounding towns too. 

There are still a lot of challenges - including staffing - but we're getting there and things are running pretty smoothly at the moment. We've got an incredible serving staff and our chefs are stepping up. People say our service is excellent and they rave about our catfish!  I do both - serve sometimes, cook sometimes, and play manager sometimes too. It's quite a change from being at Bomber but I still do lots of paperwork and take care of all the stuff no one sees, like taxes and bill paying - ugh.  

Our location is 438 Pagosa St and our FB page is here, so please like us!  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lost-Cajun-Pagosa-Springs/840236726038108 and definitely come see us!!

post-44-0-10269100-1433692879_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yowza. I take a little time off Bomber to get my knee replaced and come back to find you leaving. Thanks for all your help and prompt replies to emails and such. And good luck on the new venture. I loves me some Cajun food. Now I have an excuse to go to Pagosa Springs. And I will make sure that happens if I get close.