Note to New Members ×

Fickle board choices

Bobby Buggs

Well maybe not since its Coilers but for the past few times out I have been on my AM vsr 168 and thinking its great. Today I went back to my 177 Freecarve vsr  and Holy chit it was amazing. I have not rode for the whole month so I expected to be a bit rusty, 3 turns in and I was right back to killin it from edge to edge. So I guess Im fickle as a school girl when it comes to my boards. Glad I limit my quiver to 2 boards :freak3:

Does this happen to you.

1175561_10201916940658496_148196425_n.jp

Edited by Bobby Buggs
  • Like 1

Yup, fickle carver here. I love each of my boards for what it does slightly different from the rest. I almost always have two boards with me, with one under me and the other locked on the ski rack.

Although switching from a Skwal (10m sidecut) to a 22cm-wide EC board (~15m sidecut) is pretty comical for onlookers. So... Hard... To get... On edge... Not turning... :0 [slam!] LOL!

One you manhandle to get it turning, one you try to keep from turning too much.

Although switching from a Skwal (10m sidecut) to a 22cm-wide EC board (~15m sidecut) is pretty comical for onlookers. So... Hard... To get... On edge... Not turning... :0 [slam!] LOL!

One you manhandle to get it turning, one you try to keep from turning too much.

Funny, did the same thing this past weekend, minus the slamming.  : )

Did a few runs on the skwal, then switched over to an unfamiliar setup on a 23cm EC board;  40 degree angle on the back foot with no lift or canting on either foot.   (Experiment with a setup for Pureboarding style with mixed results)

First few turns felt like I was riding a tank after coming off the skwal!