Note to New Members ×

MES 2015

trent

it's that time of year again... where carvers outnumber everyone else on the hill!* come out and show off your skillz, heckle those plagued by the camera curse, heckle those causing the camera curse, and get your required monthly sugar intake during lunch.

when:  jan 28, 2015 9:30 - ?

where: afton alps www.aftonalps.com
cost: $44 for a lift ticket ($49** if you don't sign up for "preferred program"), plus any food you purchase. as usual, make sure you've used your fixodent that morning - there will be chewy, sticky, pull-out-your-teeth goodness after lunch. :D
who: anyone who likes to see thin, deep lines left in the snow
why: because we can still out-carve most of the skiers out there, and it's finally feeling like winter!

* at least until 9:45 or so. :-)

** like last year, afton wants you to sign up for their "preferred program". you pre-purchase your lift ticket online, and save some money. first lift for the year is $5 off. each lift after that is $15 off. see here for more details, and it looks like you can use your card from last year too, just need to load it with that day's lift ticket. 

http://www.aftonalps.com/tickets-rentals/tickets,-passes-rentals/lift-ticket-pricing

see you in a few weeks!

-trent 

Well,

I would like to say I am going to be there, but, I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel/addition and I am SURE I will be working that day..... Cabinets are coming Feb 2nd.

Have fun guys!

Just to give you an idea, this is what it looks like right now.

IMG_3760_zps9072ffb3.jpg

Edited by MUD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Terribly interesting to see carving from a completely different camera angle. Thanks much for taking and Sharing!

i'd want to try standing in the center of an arc and swing the pole in front of a carver about 3ft above ground. that would be very interesting.

• Like 1