Note to New Members ×

MES 2015

trent

Yes! Even better!

Or..

Heh heh.

A high performance drone.

Altitude is set based off of ground plane, LIDAR? sonar?

And on-board camera will provide tracking (direction and speed) of the rider through video camera pixel processing of dark subject on high-contrast background.

It's like Image tracking and stabilization used in video editing/post production...only live action.

This is the future of personal ski/snowboard surveillance.

I sense a kick starter .

Karl,

Good idea, but its already done.  Check this one out:

http://flynixie.com/

Bob, 

The video's came out better than I though with the flat light.  Nice work on bringing the roof rake.

Trent,

Thanks for putting this together!!!

Nice seeing everyone, sorry I had to be such a wussy.  Glad I left when I did, I did something to my side that doesn't feel all that great.

post-315-0-38495400-1422542706_thumb.jpgerik, i know why your side hurts..... that snow was NOT soft yesterday.

thanks everyone for coming out to play! i had a great time! :biggthump

bob and erik, thanks for taking the video and posting! john, thanks for the photos! (check out afton's facebook page to see a few of john's pictures).

-trent

• Like 2

I had a great time also!  I'm not sure when others left but I bailed at 3 PM.  I was on Chair 2 for the last few runs and there was about 3 people on the lift on none of them were on the run:)  I can attest to the snow not being soft.  My left butt cheek is sore from booting out on my backside 4-5 times:)  I have some video from my camera that I will try to compile as quickly as I can but I have a bunch of other stuff to do.

Thanks for setting this up Trent and nice seeing and meeting everyone!

That camera view is definitely an interesting one!

P.s.  I was the one with the full face white helmet on the Prior BX with soft boots.

Edited by Futahaguro

Thanks for posting the vid.  Wish the conditions were a little better but still had a good time.  I overheard some of the skiers in the lift line say "Boy, those snowboarders sure ruin the runs they have been on, don't they"   All I could think about was - That is exactly how I feel about skiers after a making countless piles of snow on a run.. "Friends don't let friends slide or swoosh"    Rail or edges only.

• Like 1

Hey all, nice meeting you (most of) you guys. Brownies were all delicious. Let's hope the snow machine turns-on for last part of the winter.

Headed out to CO (Copper) next week (I know, I miss SES every year by a week), and going to demo something from Bomber. Hoping to get some opinions on what I should look for. I've only ever ridden two boards; main one being Donek Axxess 167, and the other a 171 Rossi race. The love the Donek, and the Rossi I can only ride out west, given the speed, sidecut, stiffness, and my paltry skills. So I was leaning towards a Donek FC (metal or glass?), or Nirvana. Got these M30's, so can't go too narrow in the waist. Just looking for something that will be a fun, upward transition from my 167/21.5/9.6 glass stick. I love this board at Afton (short turns makes for more small-mountain fun, IMHO), but could use something with a little more bite and speed. Oh, and 6'2", and 180.

Any tips or suggestions would be much obliged!

Cheers!

Brian

Bought a Coiler Nirvana 178 this year and found it very stable and easy to ride.
My first Custom Coiler & have been very pleased with it.

Demoed a new Donek Rev 164 earlier this year (With the plate) and also really enjoyed it.
Granted, it's made for racing - so more powerful and taper doesn't like to fully finish the turns - but it was great fun to ride!

Just a suggestion - the metal boards will make the MN hardpack FAR more tolerable.
I've found that I can ride longer on the smoother/damper ride and if your comfort and confidence increases
you will have more fun days on snow.