CARVERS GONE WILD" /OKEMO '05

Bricky

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Change of plans, wont be going up today. Not sure for Wednesday either. Enjoyed the carving boys and gals.

Bricky, I'm glad you put this together. Just wish I could make it, but between weather travling and house trouble, doesn't look good for me. Sorry to those I said I was coming. :(

Enjoyed the event.

I will try to be there for Thursday and Friday.

I have updated the original post with some add'l info.

See:

Dinner

Lift Tickets, Skier Appreciation Day, Thursday, $39., and Sunday Solution.

Video, Kevin Burke and Channel 12.

Carvers Only, Private Run

Bulletin Board

Official Address

Print it out before you leave!

Bricky

Originally posted by Frappe

Actually, I'll have my car back by then, ready to stuff full of carving toys. Although, anyone who wants to give the college-carver a place to stay would receive much gratitude! (I can cook, clean, tune, etc!) :p

Frappe, I may take you up on the ride offer. I'm in Malden. Thinking of heading up tonight or early am to Mt Snow. Dumping up there right now. There's still $15 bunks if anyone needs them, but I'd have to call it in by weds afternoon. Scott, check your email, just got your message. Give me a call on the cell 617 233 BILL (2455).

Buggs hopefully you will feel good for Friday, Steph and I will be there on Friday. We can make some turns. Steph is really rippin it up (I am starting to get nervous). Some deep powder would be fine by me, I would like to get the tanker out again. I will be a Stratton on Thursday so hopefully catch up on Friday.

Alex

NEWSFLASH !!

PSR, ERIC BRAMMER WILL BE RIDING WITH US ON THURSDAY. He has 20 years of Snowboard instruction under his belt and is a walking book of knowledge on the history of Snowboarding.

Ask him how he did in the 1st Snowboard Nationals!

He will be riding with Chris Nelson, Level 3 Instructor,at Okemo.

He and Chris will be available to help out anyone who wants some lesson time/tips.

If he misses the gang, he will do some early laps under the base quads then move on to Timberline/Arrow for a bit. Then over to the Solitude area by mid morning, when the light is good. (he says beware of that area due to flat light in the afternoon).

PSR will be on his Tanker 200 early and his Volkl Cross later. He will be wearing a red jacket, gold-ish helmet, black pants and red boots Chris will be on his Madd 170 or Madd BX.

Above info is from an email PSR sent to me.

Bricky

Looking for a ride from Boston(or close to) to VT tonight or in the AM. Looks like the original ride is not happening.Heading for Dover or even Brattleboro is close enough.Shoot me an email, I'll buy the gas.We've still got bunks at Mt Snow if anyone needs one. Pick me up if you see me thumbin' it out on Route 2.

Guest zurfer

ride from Boston possible - what's you email cell or call me 781-275-8088 - I was planning to leave tomorrow in the early am for day trip but let's talk.

Mark

I added more to the Dinner section in the original post.

Dinner at Christopher's Sports & Spirits, The Mill, 145 Main St., Ludlow, 7pm, Thursday and Friday. Also, Saturday if they are not packed. If we have a consensus to go elsewhere for one night, say Saturday, we can.

I didn't receive the minimum of 20 for the Group ticket sales.

John Gilmour for the "Get Dialed In" seminar, will be up Thursday and can stay for Friday if he can get a ride back home to Boston on Friday night. Looks like we may still get the "Get Dialed In" seminar to be a success.

Can anyone drive John Gilmour back to Boston Friday night?

Minor changes here and there.

Print it out just before you leave.

Bricky

Holly and I had a good day at Okemo today (Wednesday) in spite of the serious cold and wind. Alas, we only saw one other person from BOL (NuCarve), and never once saw a carving board outside the Base Lodge, Gables, Sugar House, etc.

Was anyone else here today? (Just curious.)

We'll arrive at the base lodge tomorrow morning at 8am. We'd enjoy meeting anyone else here, but have no idea where to look (or who to look for). So...if anyone sees a tall guy with short gray hair and a gray NorthFace parka...with a tall woman with long brown hair in a ponytail in a red parka, come up and say hi!

Otherwise, we'll be at Sugar House by noon to find people too!

Only having ridden tiny Mid-Atlantic resorts, we've sort of been dumbfounded all day by the size of Okemo ("Huh? There are MORE slopes?") After warming up this morning with several green slope runs, we headed first to Lower Arrow...then the Solitude area with a few runs down Exhibition...and finally on to Jackson Gore and runs down Limelight and Quantum Leap. We loved Limelight and stayed on it for the rest of the afternoon---we had it to ourselves, and conditions were great---no ice anywhere, good light---exactly what we came here for!

We were both happy to find ourselves comfortable (if not carving beautifully) on the black diamonds...so we're ready to go just about anywhere on the mountain tomorrow and Friday!

Scott

PS - We're staying in room 217 at the Best Western in Ludlow...802-228-8188. BTW, "Wicked Good Pizza" on the main drag in Ludlow is, well, wicked good! :)

Guest zurfer

I think I am down fo rthe count - Sinus infection - I thought I was getting better - but the antibiotics have not really kicked in. Fever is not helping.

I really wanted to go up but am going to have to bag this until I get better.

Sounds like there is some great snow. Sorry to miss this one.

Guest Cheri

I'm planning on being there on Friday only.

I have one Madd BX Board (our other boards have not made it back from CO yet). Is there any interest in trying it out? I would be happy to bring it if I know there's interest.

Cheri

Guest Frappe

Gleh! Looks like I won't be able to make it. I'm still in Denver, CO, and just totally wiped out from 6 days straight of riding all day.

On top of that, there's a jewelry studio and a lot of writing I've been blowing off, time to come back from vacation.

Sounds like it's a blast! Hope to see y'all around, either by chance or next year at the ECES.