Note to New Members ×

kevlar snowboard gloves for ec & carving....

excarving

I have a pair of these Thor gloves, and have found them to be warm, well made and waterproof, the only issue being if you get snow into the cuff then it of course works inside the glove.

Have had no issue with cold hands (come from Levels which were a bit cold) and the surface is fairly well made, and robust; I know where they will wear out (around the wrist where the stronger material finishes) but I don't expect gloves to last more than about 1-2 seasons anyhow; the exception being my levels from 1995 which are still going strong now :-) (made with rubber finger tips and stuff, but now are starting to fail).

I have a pair of these Thor gloves, and have found them to be warm, well made and waterproof, the only issue being if you get snow into the cuff then it of course works inside the glove.

Have had no issue with cold hands (come from Levels which were a bit cold) and the surface is fairly well made, and robust; I know where they will wear out (around the wrist where the stronger material finishes) but I don't expect gloves to last more than about 1-2 seasons anyhow; the exception being my levels from 1995 which are still going strong now :-) (made with rubber finger tips and stuff, but now are starting to fail).

Kip - how much were these Thors? I'm thinking mittens might be the way to go now (particularly as my gloves have worn through this season)...actually, it IS my birthday coming up this weekend, you could always send me a pair as my birthday present! (Although I would have to figure out what to send you for yours...) ;)

Ah, wouldn't it be nice to track down some pairs of our old Peter Bauer gloves...? 

Kip - how much were these Thors? I'm thinking mittens might be the way to go now (particularly as my gloves have worn through this season)...actually, it IS my birthday coming up this weekend, you could always send me a pair as my birthday present! (Although I would have to figure out what to send you for yours...) ;)

Ah, wouldn't it be nice to track down some pairs of our old Peter Bauer gloves...? 

Well Mr Adas, I certainly would say mittens are warmer, and because they have fewer small panels they often last a little longer. 

I would buy you a pair of mittens, particularly if I could find some nice hello kitty pink ones, but as I was unable to locate, all I can say is "here is a pair of Thor gloves which I am not going to give you"

You might like to consider the longer cuff ones in North America, I like the mid length cuff, but I would not go shorter than that.

Strangely enough I DO have a pair of the Peter Bauer gloves still, and believe you can still use them if you wish :-)  My brother found them recently, along with some other old gloves, including my 20 year old levels which I fixed up and they still work fine (although they leak ink so you end up looking like you had some sort in intimate relations with a black ink squid which is fine, unless you happen to be riding and come across a squid, in which case they might take offense).  Also it is a devils of a job to scrub the ink out from your nails, I looked like a gothic for at least 3 days.  A gothic with a squid girlfriend.

• 10 months later...

I wear Thor gloves and like them but I don't think that they are particularly warm, nor waterproof.  I do have to occasionally do some augmentation with super glue or shoe goo, etc to keep them going but I think that they are a reasonable value.  I don't EC, so I'm probably not as hard on mine as other people. 

Edited by ExcelsiorTheFathead

Thor gloves are the only thing I didn't shred into oblivion pretty quickly... They lasted me a full season without any mods. After that I coated the seams with Sikaflex. They are now into their 4th season. I might need to redo the Sikaflex over the summer.

No, they are not warm or dry, but they are very, very durable and have nice long gauntlet which saves the jackets too!