Note to New Members ×

Coiler Monsetr 182 - Ugly but gets the job done! SOLD

fin

SOLD

This is a 182 Coiler Monster. Metals based with all the new technology and Bruce's secret sauce. However, it was in an accident where the top sheet in the nose area took some major cosmetic damage. You can see it in the picture. Structurally the board is 100% sound and the base and edges are perfect. It is literally just the top sheet that took the hit.

So she is NOT pretty but for this price, you get a VERY nice metal Coiler board that needs a home.

Asking $150.

Cheers,

post-1-141842413282_thumb.jpg

post-1-141842413285_thumb.jpg

post-1-141842413287_thumb.jpg

Edited by fin

This is a 182 Coiler Monster. Metals based with all the new technology and Bruce's secret sauce. However, it was in an accident where the top sheet in the nose area took some major cosmetic damage. You can see it in the picture. Structurally the board is 100% sound and the base and edges are perfect. It is literally just the top sheet that took the hit.

So she is NOT pretty but for this price, you get a VERY nice metal Coiler board that needs a home.

Asking $150.

Cheers,

I'll take it. if still available.

3dpro,

It is a 21cm waist and VSR of 13M. Not sure on the weight range as it was from a batch we had made from Bruce. I am 155lb and it was not stiff at all. I am going to guess a weight range of 155 to 175?

You are first 3dpro.

Wolf #2

Lowrider #3

Shipping in the US should be around $30-ish...

I'm up and I'm in. The weight range "guess" is perfect for me so I'll take it.

Fin - I emailed after my first reply. Should I just wait for an email from you? Note - I'll be taking a walk with the boss in a couple of minutes. It's very important to keep her happy since let's me buy this kind of stuff. So I won't be replying for about 1 1/2 hours.

....Wolf

She be yours Wolf!

Understood on the "boss". I'll send it to your work and we can use that "alternate" Paypal account I am sure you have for such occasions. Trust me, we send to husbands all the time and know the rules.....;)

Talk e-mail.

Got the board yesterday. Just as Fin described, it's all just top sheet damage. The rough edges have already been sanded smooth, so it actually looks better than in the photo. Unfortunately, all the ski areas close to me are closed already, but that will give me lots of time to fix the top sheet. The titanal layer is vulnerable in a couple of spots and I want to get that protected with an epoxy repair.

I'm a really happy buyer. Thanks Fin!

I researched some older threads on top sheet repair and Bruce actually recommended the method I'm using in one of those. Basically, rebuild the edge of the top sheet with a good, slow-cure epoxy. I'm already starting. The work is taking place in the kitchen and family room because it's warmer there than the basement (quicker epoxy cure). I cut the damaged top sheet back to a clean edge with a utility knife, loaded up the damaged area with epoxy and then clamped a flat piece of aluminum covered with waxed paper over the repair. You can see the partially finished repair on the nose in the last photo. When it's fully cured, I'll grind/file off the excess epoxy that was squeezed out. I haven't decided yet how I'll finish it off cosmetically: paint?; sticker?; we'll see - I have all summer to decide. (Sorry Fin, I peeled off the Bomber stickers that were covering the Coiler name.)

I'll have to get all of this stuff hidden away before my wife gets home :)

post-923-141842414035_thumb.jpg

post-923-141842414039_thumb.jpg

post-923-141842414042_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't really belong in the for sale forum, but I figured I'd post one more update on the Monster. The top sheet repair is done. I touched-up the epoxy repair and then sanded down the excess epoxy around the edges. My goal was to avoid altering the original undamaged top sheet as much as possible, such as wet sanding and painting. I can always do that if my current approach doesn't hold up. But for now, I just covered the repair with a self-stick vinyl film that looks like a carbon fiber weave. The film was cheap, direct from China off ebay and it really sticks! But in the right light, you can see some minor flaws in the film as if the manufacturer got a few specs of dirt under the adhesive (it wasn't me!). I intentionally used white epoxy so that the edge of the repair would would be white, just like the original top sheet. It really doesn't look like a repair. Here it is:

post-923-141842415357_thumb.jpg

post-923-14184241535_thumb.jpg

post-923-141842415355_thumb.jpg

Did you do the same cover treatment to the tail of the board to balance it artistically ?

I may do something with the tail, but I'll wait to see how the sticker holds up next winter first. My primary goal is to protect the board from any deterioration, and make the repair look decent. If I get artistic, some smaller triangular shape like the second of these two photos (Photoshopped) might look pretty good. As far as no more bargains, don't forget to factor in a day or so of repair work into the price.

post-923-141842415835_thumb.jpg

post-923-141842415838_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I did flex it by hand, but maybe not as hard as riding it. The epoxy seems to do fine. I also flexed the leftover epoxy that was smeared on a piece of aluminum foil. But the real test will be repeated flexing in the cold. I'm also wondering if the bond might break down. But that's why I went with the minimal repair. If this all falls apart, I can try something else since I haven't altered anything beyond cutting back the damaged top sheet to a clean edge.