Note to New Members ×

BEast - Berkshire East

cail

• 5 months later...

Coaster and lift are coming along nicely.

Lift:

High Speed Quad with loading carpet. Will run 200 feet per minute faster than the lift it replaces. Towers and sheave trains are up. Terminal concrete poured. Terminals arrive in Nov. Project is looking good!

Coaster:

Expected opening sometime in Oct. Longest mountain coaster in North America. Project seems to be coming along nicely and looks super bad-ass! Can't wait to ride it.:eplus2:

• 2 months later...

Niiice.

Hey, sounds like there's gonna be a Fri night beer league race series this year. Co-ed and co-plank (ski or board) teams of 4. Each team must have at least one female member. Standard gates (until they see enough interest and income to get snowboard gates).

Get yourself together and be prepared to bring it.:AR15firin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday was a blast! The mountain has been completely transformed with new snow over the past week.

The temps were a bit low in the morning, but the snow was perfect!  In addition to Mark, I met up with Bobby, Brad, Brian, Edwina, and a couple of guys I didn't get to meet because they were too fast.  One was on a racing setup riding a Ren Tiger and the other guy was laying out big softboot carves.

I'll be back on Saturday!  Hope you can make it.

Hey Beast riders, I am thinking about hitting the Beast this Sat with my son. Give me a conditions update and giving it will be MLK weekend what can I expect for crowd?

Also, Dingbat do you still have demo gear to rent that would work for a woman? My former babysitter wants to get into carving and is trying to find a pair of boots to demo she is a size 24 Mondo. 

Hey Goeff,

Yeah, we have boots down to 22 now. I'll be back up the hill on Thurs. I'll give you a conditions update then. I expect things will be good as we had snow yesterday while everyone else got rain. We've had some nice temps for blowing as well so we're making good on that. It'll be more crowded than normal being MLK weekend, but our crowded is not bad at all.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a blast! The mountain has been completely transformed with new snow over the past week.

The temps were a bit low in the morning, but the snow was perfect!  In addition to Mark, I met up with Bobby, Brad, Brian, Edwina, and a couple of guys I didn't get to meet because they were too fast.  One was on a racing setup riding a Ren Tiger and the other guy was laying out big softboot carves.

I'll be back on Saturday!  Hope you can make it.

That was Dan and his kid. He's the guy that owned the shop down the road and hooked me up with the Renn Tiger.

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. That is great that you've got boots in the smaller sizes, I will let Laura know. I'll tell her to call ahead before she shows up. You do lessons as well correct?

I am sick, came down with a nasty head cold, so tomorrow is a no go for me.

Hey Goeff,

Yeah, we have boots down to 22 now. I'll be back up the hill on Thurs. I'll give you a conditions update then. I expect things will be good as we had snow yesterday while everyone else got rain. We've had some nice temps for blowing as well so we're making good on that. It'll be more crowded than normal being MLK weekend, but our crowded is not bad at all.