Note to New Members ×

how many days on average do you get each season?

rikytheripster

How many days do you get on the white stuff each season?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How many days do you get on the white stuff each season?

• <10
    • 10-20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40+

Usually around 20. This season I've got one (1) so far. I wanted to get out this morning but it's 55* and raining. That should just about put the local hill out of commission.

Hope you all that have snow (or at least temps. cold enough to blow) are enjoying it !

last year I did 18 days and that was awesome...I had plans for that this year but mother nature stepped in first in the form of no snow and then the Tsunami I'll be lucky to get 3 days (actually 2 because my first 2 days only add up to one day)...I can't wait until I'm back in the states even if it is the Ice coast...BTW the year after an El Nino is usually good for N.E

Guest dragon fly jones

Noah,

Man I am cooked, been on the road soo much, I love going to resorts but as you know, you see 1 lift and one to three runs to inspect, then your standing, bending and last minute prepping and then your off the hill, missing what everyone else gets to see.

Just this year, I have been to Steamboat 5 times all of them to Howelson, we just drive back and forth past the big hill (Mt. Werner the resort) it sure looks nice. I even took a photo to remind myself of it since I will not be riding it this year.

Same with with Beaver Creek this weekend, get there and do business and then, back home, ah well that's the coaches life.

More lament than rant.

DFJ.

DFJ-

At least you get to see some nice hills. not much to anticipate when you approach blue hills, MA. not even enough room to make some turns getting back to the lift.

but Ido love to see the kids grow into excellent riders. It makes it all worth wile.

fortunately, I don't have to travel as much as you guys out west. 3 hours from one end of the state to the other...

peace out man!

-Noah

Derf, don't feel bad. There are plenty of us like you who only see ten or so days a year. Forty a season or more? I think I've only just passed the forty for my whole life!

I watch other people ride and am amazed at how good they are - but then, snow time is the biggest thing for egtting better ...