Note to New Members ×

Buck Hill 2013/14

bobble

Posting here for the benefit of the Buck Hill crew - I've got a few extra comp day passes to Spirit Mountain. PM me if you could put them to good use and I'll figure out a way to get them to you. First come, first served!

Russ

I tried sending you a PM, but I read the messaging wasn't working on the forum so I'm not sure if you got it. My girlfriend and I are planning on coming up to Spirit this Saturday, looks like it's suppose to be a sunny one!

There is the last D team race at Buck this Sunday, I'll probably be there early in the morning.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend and I are planning on coming up to Spirit this Saturday

I will leave a couple of passes in an envelope marked "DonPablo" in the ski patrol room (on the ground level of the upper chalet) on Saturday morning. I'll be out patrolling, so if you have any problems, have one of the patrollers contact me by radio. With the warmer weather forecast, I suspect it will be a little busier than the last few weeks; we usually try to get out early.

Enjoy!

Russ

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone going out to Buck tomorrow evening from 6:30 to close. I usually go to Afton but would love to ride with another carver.

i showed up at 6:30pm. took 3 runs and left. snow was too dangerous to try carving. the picture doesn't show how messed up it was this evening. it would however would've been decent for softboots. not sure about skis.

post-1112-141842413175_thumb.jpg

saw the g-team making some runs on milkrun.

Hey all,

I MAY be out tomorrow morning riding while the kids take a lesson. The question is:

Soft or hard boots? I am only bringing one....

looks like it will be really warm tomorrow. not sure if buck is grooming when it's above freezing. I would ride softies just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

got to buck early. the runs were not groomed. put on softies. walked up the hill and waited for the chair lift to start running. the snow was rutted, ice, crap, harsh, etc. a lot of scraped turns. first run i lost it on a heel-side. i bounced off a couple bumps while slowing down. landed on my ass hard (plyometrics). tried two more runs and went home. waited till after lunch to try again.

played with quadcopter... first time outside this season. hard to control in slightest breeze.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eWxapcnOurU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

went back to buck after lunch. second time around the snow was snow cone. it was very surfy and fun. feet were wet when i left.

i will be out tomorrow but probably late morning and staying till past lunch as i'm trying to drag my college friends out for tubing at buck. i have to make amends for abandoning them during winter.

Edited by bobble

today is my last day. not sure how they're going to keep going this week. suppose to rain tomorrow. i asked how many lift tickets on my season pass and today is 55. i think overall i've been out 60+ times. i think the season was pretty decent.

anyways, went out for about an hour in softies. snow was slushy and it was fun to ride but then i just got kind of bored.

went back out later with friend from college to go tubing. we got in 26 runs in two hours. we walked up the magic carpet. patience is not one our virtues so we walked around people who were just content in standing on the conveyor.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dFqXdudSJ48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

good times!