Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Ride Board 2013-2014

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astrokel , that is great news!!

Thanks for the great report. I was last up this past Friday. It was sort of a "Tweener" day so I rode the Headhunter. The fresh snow was nice but not enough to not hit the firm underneath on the steeper pitches so I got bounced around allot.

Look forward to getting a day in the week as the groomers should be good!!

Bryan

Yeah, here's a nice photo of SW Front Avenue at the Morrison Bridge around 4 p.m. today. Total cluster, traffic was moving maybe one foot/minute. Fortunately I had walked in today, so didn't have much trouble getting home, just wished I had goggles.

post-30-141842408191_thumb.jpg

20 car pile up on I5 N , north of Vancouver, fatal accident. Numerous bumper cars all over the Portland/ Vancouver area.

Leo and I ? Nice big fire pit earlier in the day followed by a Baked Turkey and good beer.

Leo -" I ain't going out there, I'll poop on the floor when you fall asleep tonight!"

post-198-141842408211_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842408203_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842408208_thumb.jpg

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YvzipWH_lxU?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/YvzipWH_lxU?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Leo has to go!!

:)

Wanna play hooky from work next week! When are folks going to the hill?

Hey Kelvin, I'd love to get up there next week, but I'm not sure right now if I'm going to be able to clear my schedule. Post up when you have a day picked out and I'll see how things look.

Leo -" I ain't going out there, I'll poop on the floor when you fall asleep tonight!"

Ha! Fortunately Chance hasn't figured that one out yet. Here's a photo of him from this weekend -- we'll have to get them together some time.

post-30-141842408288_thumb.jpg

Anyone up for some in-town silliness tomorrow? I'm thinking there is enough snow to do a Zoo Bomb by snowboard, or maybe take the tram up to OHSU and ride down, or...lots of options. I will be using the crappiest board in the house, which is something that a former roommate left behind, because I think there's a good chance of hitting gravel or bare pavement somewhere along the way. Also, softbooting is probably the way to go in case we need to walk in between riding.

Anyone interested?

Today would be great. Hope Bryan got out!

Afraid not. Did not need the stress of getting there. I did call at 5am. Sounded awesome!

Just didn't care to fight the traffic madness. Just got back from a short trip to the store, just for the heck of it, folks don't have a clue. Half are petrified and going 5mph, half evidently don't think the snow is an issue and are tail gating and driving like their normal selves (bad)

Bryan

Anyone up for some in-town silliness tomorrow? I'm thinking there is enough snow to do a Zoo Bomb by snowboard, or maybe take the tram up to OHSU and ride down, or...lots of options. I will be using the crappiest board in the house, which is something that a former roommate left behind, because I think there's a good chance of hitting gravel or bare pavement somewhere along the way. Also, softbooting is probably the way to go in case we need to walk in between riding.

Anyone interested?

No, I have broken enough bones , I will live this up to you young guys and gals. Please take video when you do :)

Leo LOVES everyone and every dog. Chance looks like a good dog! Bring him over!

If anyone out there doesn't have a season pass, Meadows tickets are on liftopia.com right now. Not sure how much pricing variability they'll have (weekday vs. weekend, etc.), but when I checked just now, a weekday ticket for this week was $51 - better than the season pass buddy rate.