Note to New Members ×

SES 2014 Roomshare / Rideshare

I'm going to SES 2014 for 4 days. I'm looking for a roomshare and/or rideshare.

I'm planning on staying at the St. Moritz. They have 3 to a room (hostel or dorm room) for $66/night each.

They also have 2 per room for $144/night ($72 each). I have stayed here many times. Three to a room is very tight. Two to a room is more comfortable. I'd rather find a roommate and do 2/room.

I'll probably go up on either Friday afternoon (1/31) or sometime Saturday afternoon (2/1) and then ride for 4 days. I might be able to pick someone up at the Denver airport - depending on when their flight arrives (about 4PM on Friday or before 2PM on Saturday). If you're staying longer, you'll have to arrange for your own lodging after I leave and for your own return ride.

Me: 57 y.o. male. I like to have a beer or 2 after riding but not party-hardy. Usually in bed by 10PM. Up early and on the slopes when the lifts open. My wife tells me I snore.

Any takers?

I'm in at 9:15 on Saturday and would be willing to split the cost of gas, and buy you a coffee or beer later. I already have a place to stay though and am there till the next Saturday.

I'm 45 year old male and also snore, but that won't be an issue since I will be awake.

• 1 month later...

Wow, not much action here this year. In years past we were booked by now, but life happens.

Looking to put a group (4 or 5) together to make a (non-smoking) Condo affordable in the Aspen area.

We have (2) with a 'possible definite maybe', so looking for 2 or 3 more to defray the costs of civilized living in the Aspen area.

Arriving Jan. 30,2014 and leaving Feb. 8, 2014.

We are 'Older Kids' (male, early 60's) not partiers, but like to have a good time, enjoy SES and RIDE !

Thanks to all that responded, we've got a Full House :biggthump -- jp1

Edited by jp1

I've made reservations at the St Moritz for one bed. I'm still looking for a roomate so I can book a 2/room instead of the default 3/room.

If anyone is considering SES2014 but scared by the cost of lodging, consider the St Moritz. It really is a good deal (especially the great outdoor heated pool).

Ticket is booked - now I just need a room mate (or two). I am a 30-something female attending my first SES (so excited, but I have promised my friends here that I am not going to be too excited around them). Would prefer a set-up where we could prepare some of our own food.

I am also interested in exploring car-pooling from Denver. My flight gets me into Denver on Friday afternoon (weather dependent) but I might spend a day in Denver with some friends. I am flexible and could be convinced to head up to Aspen on Friday or sometime during the week. I plan on staying the full week (my flight back to Canada is actually on Wednesday) so return dates / times can also be negotiated.

If you don't have roomates, you can rent a bed at the St Moritz. They have a hostel (or dorm rooms) where they have 2 bed rooms & 3 bed rooms spit up by gender. I've stayed there many times. It is not fancy but they offer free breakfasts and they are very friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Tabatha, the Moritz is the best value for money accom in Aspen. I've stayed there 5 times (the other time was in the Bomber house, which was a blast) and it's never failed. Walking distance to just about everything you want, including the mountain shuttles.

As for car pooling, I've found that if you can get a second person, it's actually close enough in cost to getting the CME shuttle that the convenience factor tips the balance. And there's free parking outside St Moritz too.

Unfortunately though I won't be availing myself of any of the above this year. But hopefully 2015!

Car-pooling?

I am landing in Denver at 5pm on Friday Jan 31st and am looking to split the cost of gas / car-pool. I am flying out on Sunday, but am hoping to spend a day in Denver, so my return is flexible. I realise that there is a shuttle - but I thought I would see if anyone was already renting a car and wanted company on the drive over to Aspen.

Thanks

Keenan -

I am heading up on Saturday about noon or so. You could ride with me but I'm driving a small station wagon, I put my boards in the car (no roof rack) and I'm taking at least 3 boards so it will be tight. However, if you're not bringing too much, I think we can fit it in. If this works for you, I can probably pick you up at the airport around noon or so. We can narrow this down as it gets closer. Email me directly if this works for you.

- John

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this on the carpool thread, but thought I'd post here for those of you staying in town. Other than getting TO Aspen from DIA, if you're trying to figure out travel around town, visit www.rfta.com. Our bus service here has been significantly expanded in the past few months, so you'll be able to get around very quickly and easily if you don't want to pay to have a car for the entire week you're here. If you're still looking for options from DIA To Aspen, check out CME (Colorado Mountain Express), who offers shuttle service from the airport to the mountains. There are set stops, or you can "charter" to be delivered to your final destination. If there are a few of you, a charter could be a good way to go to get up here and back to the airport without the extra expense of keeping a car for the entire week (although, sometimes it isn't much more to rent) :)

Can't wait till everyone gets here! The last few times I've been out riding, I have had other locals stop me and ask when "the carvers" are coming!

Hey Angie,

Since I am picking Tabatha up Friday, and doing the early drive up on Saturday, it looks like I will only need your floor or couch for Saturday night, then again on Friday night after the banquet. Thanks again, and see you in 2 weeks and a day

mario

Hey Angie,

Since I am picking Tabatha up Friday, and doing the early drive up on Saturday, it looks like I will only need your floor or couch for Saturday night, then again on Friday night after the banquet. Thanks again, and see you in 2 weeks and a day

mario

We have it reserved for you! Cant guarantee a little couch potato of a dog - or two - wont try to snuggle ;) Can't wait to see you, and if you change your mind and come up Friday night, let us know!