Note to New Members ×

Donek FC-II Olympic 171cm

hydrop

**SOLD** **SOLD** **SOLD**

Donek FC-II Olympic Contruction 171cm. The board was only used for 3 seasons and is in great shape with only a few minor scratches on the topsheet and two small scratches on the base and the edges are clean. There is a screw that broke off in one of the mounting holes which can easily be repaired (see photo). This board has Donek's Olympic Construction option and handles incredibly. I paid over $800 for this board but I'm willing to let it go for $400.

post-6720-141842395143_thumb.jpg

post-6720-141842395144_thumb.jpg

post-6720-141842395146_thumb.jpg

Edited by hydrop
item sold

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested but curious how the screw broke. Did the head snap off because a binding was lifted or because it galled/froze in the hole? What is the olympic construction?

Being the skidder that I was when I bought this board I forgot to add anti-seize to the screws. This screw broke as I was trying to unscrew it.

The following is an excerpt from Doneks Olympic Construction description from 2007: "The completely new Olympic vertically laminated wood core is engineered specifically to absorb high frequency chatter. With the inclusion of additional polyurethane layers to dampen unwanted vibrations, our Olympic construction dramatically increases dampness and control, without sacrificing the snappy responsiveness that is a Donek hallmark."

Nick is right, this is a super fun board and it still has a lot of life left. The base or edges have never been ground.

What is the flex on this bad boy? I am 160lbs and prefer a softer flex.

I've only had two carving boards, this one and a virus gladiator, and this one feels stiffer. From research I've done I'd say this is a medium to stiff flex board, however I weigh about 170lbs and this board worked well for me.

• 4 weeks later...