Note to New Members ×

Vancouver Carvers' Diaries 2013/14

BlueB

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whistler will only open Creekside and Whistler Gondola, and also Emerald and Red chair. With the weekend crowd, I think it will be crazy long line-up and super-tight human slalom on the runs.

Currently, the last minute deal from Whistler web site is pretty good. You may find a studio hotel room for $90/night.

Recommend bringing a rock board, unless you are planning to download from mid station.

This year, NSST will move their GS training to Cypress. There are night sessions and competitive program. For more detail, please click on the link below:

Northshore Snowboard Team (NSST) GS Training

Nice! Its been 13 years since I trained in a GS course! I like this idea for sure but not sure if I can commit to full session. looking forward to more details.

Side bar it's been a long time since I kicked Gordo's ass in gates :)

Yup, that's me :) Pic is mirrored - it was taken from the slope on the Eagle chair, about 3 seasons back.

Taht pic got me in trouble when originaly published in the gallery - supervisors thought that I was teaching on a race board, while I was really on a break (skiers wit me on the chair). :D

On the 2nd thought... It might be Roy? My Prior doesn't have green nose, unless I was riding his that day...

Edited by BlueB

and duck stance

It was the duck stance indeed :), for the first 2 runs. As the instructor session got canceled (low snow, high crowd), I switched to more forward, 40/30 stance.

I was expecting rocky condition, so I pulled out of retirement my very first board bougth in Van, a Limited 163. Surprise, surprise, the board performed very good!

Morning snow (and crowd) was ok, but it became really bad by 11am. Rocks getting dug out, huge lineup at Eagle. Brown spot started showing on conjunction of JJA to Panorama. I left by 11:45.

Lots of inquiries about the gear and for the lessons!

People spotted:

Tony on softies, Perry on ATV with his kid on skis, Yoshi and dad, Brett (Tippie?) on Kessler BX and softies, another guy getting white Kessler BX(?) out of the car as I was leaving, Pan on softies, training the trainers...

Edited by BlueB

• 2 weeks later...