Vancouver Carvers' Diaries 2013/14

BlueB

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

From Cypress website:

"The overnight temperatures are bringing frost to the upper Mountain and it appears that the below seasonal temps are forecasted to continue through October with some potential snowfall indicated towards the last week of this month!"

Tony (?) spotted as the poster child on the winter gallery page:

post-1678-141842397334_thumb.jpg

Just Whistler-Blackcomb, who make the US Thanksgiving weekend their traditional opening of the season.

Depending on the weather and the amount of snowfall accumulation- Mt. Baker in Washington state could also be open, but usually they just open for the weekends until the Christmas holidays.

The three ski hills on the North Shore (Cypress, Grouse, Mt. Seymour) usually open by December 15th, depending on the snow pack...

Last 2 seasons were the 2 earliest openings in the history of the North Shore mountains, 1st and 2nd week of November.

There is some talk of the potental cold snap end of this month. Our internal on slope training, at Cypress, is set for the 17th of the November. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Hi Carver,

I was at the CASI booth during the Vancouver Snow Show and I saw this board Elan Blast 164 $25. Someone took the Prior with binding $125 yesterday.

post-5964-141842397865_thumb.jpg

Grouse is selling their one night/week pass for $149 (originally $350) at the snow show. Come get it fast!!!

Currently, we are planning to combine the boardercross and alpine training on Wed night. More detail will be available in Nov.

I have dozen of stubby and brush gates, if anyone are interested, I can setup a short GS/slalom course just for fun with manual timing.

Hi all! been outside looking in for many years,figured it was time to join. some of you know me as Edgy or just Rod. Im a soft boot carver with aa bit of freestyle thrown in. looking forward to a great season at Cypress and beyond.see youall soon!

Woohoo! Didn't think I'd see the day. See you on the hill!

-Patrick

Still working on the profile,anyone know how to change your name and that friggin skidded thing?

You'll stop being skidder once you started taking carving lessons with Cypress' best instructor :D

Kidding... I think that skidder changes at 50 posts.

As for the screen name, see with mods if they could change it. Otherwise, just register another account.