Note to New Members ×

How I Spent My Summer Vacation!! 2013

You remember when you were a kid? Being asked after returning to school in the fall?

Well this is a way to share with the rest of BOL what your plans are this "Non Snow" time of the year.

Me?

Keep plugging away on the addition to my home. Plan to have a big family Thanksgiving at my house for the first time (my current home is too tiny to hold such an event)

Nephew sold me his "Project Car" last fall. Hope to get it looking/running better for some cruisin. 67 Mustang (sorry , not the fastback)

Get in better shape. This should be priority #1, got in the way this past season.

post-198-141842393028_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842393022_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

good for you, it seen like we have two things in comom for this summer , training hard in sumer and ready for winter season fun. I am taking my classic radiator out and have it rebuild then ready for this summer cruising too.

hope you have all the time to completing your task.

god bless you

Nephew sold me his "Project Car" last fall. Hope to get it looking/running better for some cruisin. 67 Mustang (sorry , not the fastback)

Fast back, slow front? Kidding :)

I booked my motorcycle trip around the French Alps what seems like years ago, but it's now May and I only have seven weeks to get some miles in on the SV. Otherwise I am going to get my butt kicked for two weeks, come the end of June. Lots of plans with the girls to get the new mountain bike out on some new XC trails, and hit the bike parks on the squishy. In between, I have to replace the back patio deck on the house, fix up the gardens, and rebuild some fences. It's going to be a busy summer.

Fast back, slow front? Kidding :)

I booked my motorcycle trip around the French Alps what seems like years ago, but it's now May and I only have seven weeks to get some miles in on the SV. Otherwise I am going to get my butt kicked for two weeks, come the end of June. Lots of plans with the girls to get the new mountain bike out on some new XC trails, and hit the bike parks on the squishy. In between, I have to replace the back patio deck on the house, fix up the gardens, and rebuild some fences. It's going to be a busy summer.

I think you have the coolest plans , always.

"SV" Sport Bike?

Sorry, my uncoolness is showing :)

"C" metal fence posts (they work so good) last long time too.

Alas, my scoot is only a 650. It's a perfect girl bike though - light, super easy to ride, enough power to have fun but not enough to really get me into trouble. I'll be riding a Honda Hornet in France - that wil be a change of pace!

What is this? I'm also replacing the deck and stairs/railings. That's my summer.

Hi Michelle. They are heavy gauge galvanized posts that are basically square and resist corrosion. It is often the fence post that fails via rotting at the point they meet the ground/moisture. These hold up well and also make building a fence much easier.

I will post a photo shortly. Probably not going to help you on your deck.

Deck/ Concrete "pyramid" blocks and pressure treated or "outdoor" wood is critical for the base.

Adjustable "hanger/posts" are ideal for leveling up the base. Perhaps post some photos of the deck / stairs you are replacing.

Stairs , very important that they be spaced correctly by code requirements. (the thread height is key)

post-198-141842393038_thumb.jpg

http://www.fencemancompany.com/vancouver_wood_fences.html

post-198-141842393032_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

good for you, it seen like we have two things in comom for this summer , training hard in sumer and ready for winter season fun. I am taking my classic radiator out and have it rebuild then ready for this summer cruising too.

hope you have all the time to completing your task.

god bless you

What is the classic radiator in?

Bryan, building ya the perfect motor for your 'stang. .030 over 302 freshened up with new pistons, Lunati dual pattern cam, GT40p heads, Procomp dual plane intake, Edelbrock carb. Too bad its going in my 85 Ford Ranger this summer! The white sleeper to hit the street somewhere non-suspecting tuners lurk!

Bryan, building ya the perfect motor for your 'stang. .030 over 302 freshened up with new pistons, Lunati dual pattern cam, GT40p heads, Procomp dual plane intake, Edelbrock carb. Too bad its going in my 85 Ford Ranger this summer! The white sleeper to hit the street somewhere non-suspecting tuners lurk!

Very cool. I have been watching an 86 Bronco (basket case) that might end up in the garage.

Love to see some photos of your beast!!

The Stang has a motor that puts the car to shame. My nephew built it so I don't know all the details yet.

351 Windsor , big cam, hooker comp headers, lots of good stuff inside evidently. Dyno'd at 420 HP.

Basically since the 65 Pontiac is more of a cruiser, this is the "hot rod" I was seeking originally. (price was right)

Who stole the original rims and put those silly looking rims on ??

Previous owner. Unless I was going for a restored car, I would not have gone with original rims with hubcaps.

I like the Edelbrock 454 wheels.

They are fairly popular on Mustang builds in the USA.

Look better on the fastback ?

post-198-141842393039_thumb.jpg

I am hoping my project looks more like this in a few years?

post-198-141842393043_thumb.jpg

A high school friend had a GT Fastback so I guess my impressions of what the car should look like is tainted by that. Craiger SS , Chrome Reverse or stock wheels . It's amazing the variety of new school parts rims included being made for these old hotrods At least you won't have to worry about hubcaps flying off doing high speed drifts!!!

A high school friend had a GT Fastback so I guess my impressions of what the car should look like is tainted by that. Craiger SS , Chrome Reverse or stock wheels . It's amazing the variety of new school parts rims included being made for these old hotrods At least you won't have to worry about hubcaps flying off doing high speed drifts!!!

These are actually vintage hot rod wheels, they have been replicated and are available through other providers now.

Yep, one of the things I like about them. They are not quite as common as Cragar or Thruster wheels.

Back in the day, my 65 Pontiac Tempest had "Baby Moons" , I have been looking for Thrusters for it, honestly I would like

to find something different yet still looks "old school" and fitting. Back then I was about horse power and the steel rims where

both cheaper and safer (less likely to shatter or catch fire) I had very wide rear tires and the Baby Moons were ideal. Less likely to be stolen too.

Nice 'stang! Reminds me of my first car, a 68 Chevy.

I now drive E30s as I'm a big BMW fan and consider these the greatest cars ever built. My summer vacation is going to consist of polishing my sedan and fixing the suspension problems its got, and the other is my daily driver, a touring that's big to-do list: rust repairs, repainting, getting the interior into brand new condition and then.. dum de dum dum, swapping in a 3.0L I6 with 240hp :)

Just a quick preview

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

I started my summer with a golf trip to Ireland and Scotland. Lovely place to hit the little white ball.

here are a few pictures.. I just got back a few days ago. Biggest sand trap I have ever seen.

Pretty impressive "Water Features" too!!

Beautiful country side !!! Great photos, the one where the green grass just pops!! Very cool!!

Nice 'stang! Reminds me of my first car, a 68 Chevy.

I now drive E30s as I'm a big BMW fan and consider these the greatest cars ever built. My summer vacation is going to consist of polishing my sedan and fixing the suspension problems its got, and the other is my daily driver, a touring that's big to-do list: rust repairs, repainting, getting the interior into brand new condition and then.. dum de dum dum, swapping in a 3.0L I6 with 240hp :)

Cool cars. Did you see this modded touring car on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3-Series-M3-/290733068242

Alas, my scoot is only a 650. It's a perfect girl bike though - light, super easy to ride, enough power to have fun but not enough to really get me into trouble. I'll be riding a Honda Hornet in France - that wil be a change of pace!

Oh BS that's a "girl bike." A couple of the guys I ride with have those and use them whenever they go squid hunting. Many a 1000 has fallen to their SV650's. If I wasn't saving my pennies in hopes KTM releases the SuperDuke 1290R this fall, I'd have picked up an '03+ SV650.