Note to New Members ×

2013 Last Licks at Timberline, Mt. Hood, May 18-21

Dan

I believe that there was some interest in rub-in photos, so...here are some photos from an awesome day of riding today.

The view when I pulled into the parking lot.

P1020030_zpsdac9b399.jpg

Heading up the Palmer chair.

P1020031_zps62be3df7.jpg

Mark (BLOODTYPEZX10R) wanted to go up the rest of the way like the softbooters he's pointing at, but the rest of us were feeling a little too winded (8,540 feet at the top of the chair), so we convinced him to stay in-bounds.

P1020033_zps3eaf807b.jpg

He didn't have a problem with that...here's Mark carving one of his own <a href="http://www.thirstsnowboards.com/">Thirst snowboards</a>.

P1020063_zps28b01573.jpg

Here's Russ (Pusbag) in the foreground, with Mark in the background. Nice to see so many guys from the Schweitzer / Idaho crew!

P1020047_zps35fcea03.jpg

And here's Warren (Waboarder). He's fairly new to hardbooting...I told him he's about 8 years ahead of me.

P1020037_zpsa08ac192.jpg

And couldn't forget Steve Propokiw taking his monster Diablo into the superpipe. What is that, Steve? A 210?

P1020066_zps54e5cbb0.jpg

P1020067_zpsa4027166.jpg

P1020068_zps84f17038.jpg

P1020069_zpscfdbc697.jpg

P1020070_zpsb0c43127.jpg

P1020071_zps980a1143.jpg

And here's some scenery and landscape, just to complete the rub-in ;-)

Russ and Warren smiling for the camera.

P1020050_zps14201918.jpg

Coiler glamor shot, too bad I wasn't sitting on my heelside.

P1020055_zpsd7c0414c.jpg

Palmer chair and the clouds below...apparently it was raining in Government Camp

P1020054_zps2754f466.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Thanks Dan;those are some of the coolest hardbooting shots I've seen of myself! Oh,and the other photos are great too ;-)

BTW,I just put the boys to bed about an hour ago so I haven't checked out video yet,but will asap.

Edited by Steve Prokopiw

Great shots of a great day Dan!! So glad to see the conditions were so ideal!!! Nicely done , wish I could have joined you all.

Thanks for coming by! Very much enjoyed hearing about the days events , great to see you all again. Bryan

"I recognized the car" Pussbag "Did you get it painted" , favorite quotes of the night.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Good pictures. I knew I'd be kicking myself if the sky cleared. Web cams look really good today too. I could have tried to make the drive on Saturday, and now in retrospect, I should have. It would have been good to see the Idaho crew again, and meet some of the west coasters. But to be honest, I think I was looking for excuses to stay home and cocoon for the weekend. My compulsive riding season had ended just the week before, and it felt good to sleep in and putz around on unimportant things. At least Timberline is on my radar for next spring; I can try to plan a stay long enough to let the riding hours equal the driving hours.

Those are some badass superpipe shots, Steve. Now if I'd have known they had a superpipe... (haha)

I wimped out Saturday (I hate riding in fog and rain) and Karen & I went for a long run in the Dalles, then did some chores on the boat, had a really nice brunch at Petit Provencale (highly recommended if you need breakfast or lunch in the Dalles area) and headed home on WA 14. We stopped at Roosevelt and rode bikes up the grade (1400' in 6 mi). Karen kept going while I turned around to go back for the car, then we had a pretty drive home via Bickleton.

Looks like we should have stayed in the area and gone up to T-Line for Sunday, but we got some yard work done and a good hour of bike polo, so it wasn't a dead loss.

Like any mountain region, it is difficult to know "when to go" if the forecast looks sketchy. I am just glad that those that hung in there got a killer day Sunday. Hopefully some going up today can post a "Gloat" post about today's conditions. It looks amazing. Funny, I have checked the cams a couple times to see if I could catch someone on HBs . So far I haven't seen ANYONE!! This is such a great time of the year at Timberline. A month from now it will be a ZOO!!

Another awesome day at T-Line. Palmer was rock hard first thing but the mile was great. About the time the mile was getting soft Palmer was great. Much like our first runs on Palmer yesterday. Only saw 1 other hardbooter today, " Randy". Did not ride with him. When our paths crossed getting on the Mile, I had switched to soft boots and a 172 Incline and was headed out of bounds with a skier buddy. Out west of Palmer was smooth cream cheese, just like yesterday. Great day! Back in Seattle now, headed down for the final weekend Friday or Saturday - Monday.

I'm coming up to Hood on June 30. Can't wait. I think I stretched the season about as much as I could in the East. After hitting Whiteface on April 20 & 21 did three final hike-ups on the last strip of snow at Holiday Valley, in Western NY on May 4.

[ATTACH]34976[/ATTACH][ATTACH]34977[/ATTACH]

Edited by darko714
correct date

Good job Darko! Looks like you definitely made the best of it! Mt Hood recieved 2 FEET of snow over the past couple days. The lay of the land will change allot by June, you will have a blast! Are you joining a camp or free wheeling your trip? Have you been to Mt Hood in the summer before?

It is still very WINTER like up at Timberline right now.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com