Note to New Members ×

It is on! "Carve Factor" contest at SES w/Poll on BOL

fin

Added 2/7/2013

OK, decided to move this to the main forum as we are going to try including the entire BOL forum on this. Read about the "Carve Factor" contest below. After it goes down on Monday and we pick the "Final 5" I plan to post the video on YouTube. I will start a new thread with a poll and links to the five videos. This will probably happen late Thursday or early Friday. You will then have until Friday night to vote in the poll on the best carve run from the five. Your votes will be included with the votes from the big banquette Friday night (15th) at SES. Then we have a winner.

So keep an eye out on the forum around then for the poll and make sure to subscribe to this thread as I will also announce here when it is up.

Hmmmm, this should be interesting :biggthump

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: OK, keep in mind the entire point of the SES is to have fun and not take ourselves too seriously.

That said, we are going to try something new because, well, we can. We are going to hold the first every...

2013 SES "Carve Factor"

This idea has been bumped around at Session in the past few years but we feel it is time to try it. It will take place on Monday the 11th at Buttermilk. We will all meet at the demo tent at 1pm and then go to the planned run as a group from there. The rules are:

• Each person will get only one run
  • Each person will be sent down the run one at a time
  • Each person will be video taped on their one run
  • At the banquette on Friday, everyone will watch the videos and vote for their favorite run
  • The winner will be selected by the people!

Couple of side rules:

• Everyone who shows will get their one run on video
  • However, due to time constraints at the Friday Banquette we will only have time to view the top 5 runs
  • To determine these top five runs, a smaller group of fellow carvers will vote from all the runs and select the top five. This will be done soon after the Monday event

What type run wins? Got me. The whole point is to "wow" the crowd. So this is your time to show-off and lay down the run of a life time.

If you have any questions or comments on this, I would love to hear them now so we can fine tune this event.

And again, remember, this is for fun and don't take too seriously. Unless you like winning, then I suppose it will be a big deal ;)

post-1-141842383389_thumb.jpg

Edited by fin

Why not open up the voting to the worldwide Bomber community and post the the competitors runs online for all of us to vote. 'Carve Factor' its similar to the 'X Factor' but enjoyable.

I was thinking the same thing! At least the final 5 -- they could upload them on Friday when the banquet starts so the surprise ("Who are the final 5?") wouldn't be lost.

Excellent feedback and ideas guys! I suspect this event will change a bit as we get closer.

So first, completely stole your idea on the name Willow 15, now called the "Carve Factor".

What if we did this:

Upload the video of the Final Five on Thursday on the forum (links to 5 YouTube video I suspect would be the way). You guys then have until the banquette that following Friday to vote via a poll on the forum. Then we all vote as well at the banquette, total ALL the votes and announce winner at Banquette. And of course announce on the forum as well afterward. The forum people would obviously be able to see the results as they come in but with over 100 of us at the banquette, it still could probably go either way with our vote.

I hear you Dan on giving away the Final 5 by posting on the forum first but don't see any other way around it as you guys here on the forum would need time to vote. This would give you a day.

I would also move this thread to the main forum if we do involve everyone here at BOL.

Does that work?

Edited by fin

Excellent feedback and ideas guys! I suspect this event will change a bit as we get closer.

So first, completely stole your idea on the name Willow 15, now called the "Carve Factor".

What if we did this:

Upload the video of the Final Five on Thursday on the forum (links to 5 YouTube video I suspect would be the way). You guys then have until the banquette that following Friday to vote via a poll on the forum. Then we all vote as well at the banquette, total ALL the votes and announce winner at Banquette. And of course announce on the forum as well afterward. The forum people would obviously be able to see the results as they come in but with over 100 of us at the banquette, it still could probably go either way with our vote.

I hear you Dan on giving away the Final 5 by posting on the forum first but don't see any other way around it as you guys here on the forum would need time to vote. This would give you a day.

I would also move this thread to the main forum if we do involve everyone here at BOL.

Does that work?

Works for me. If its a success you could have a International Carve Factor with nominees from around the world. Have it at the end of the season or July when most people are craving a snow fix.

I do have one request as you have borrowed my idea. As I am a Brit can i be Simon Cowell the horrible judge.

I rode one run with Marco at SES 09 during which we traded the lead a few times from top to bottom at Buttermilk.I had never met him before then,but we were so stoked about our collective run we hugged at the bottom.His riding style and skill really struck a chord with me;as impressed as I've ever been.Great way to meet people!