Note to New Members ×

pros boots

korc

I watched some of the King of The Hill Jeep races this weekend and I noticed that majority of the racers were wearing red boots w/ metal buckles on them. I was wondering which boot they were wearing? I'm pretty sure it wasn' t the D-Indys and they really didn't look like the UPZ's.

Guest dragon fly jones

I'll do this from Steamboat there are some good rider here, to wit: for the men Justin Reiter, Jeff Greenwood, Adam McLeiesh and for the women Lisa Kosglow, Lynn Ott and Caroline Calve. You want it you got it!

She coached at the snowperformance camp 1.5 years ago, and cracked a bunch of jokes about retiring when her boots were no longer repairable. I don't remember if she has any spares at all or if she's literally on her last set, but they're definitely out-of-production Burtons.

Could Burton reproduce their old hard boots now if they wanted to? Do they have the lasts, molds, etc., or is all that stuff in a dump in Vermont somewhere?

Just a heads up guys but the vast majority of racers on the world cup DO NOT ride old burtons, they have a poor flex pattern and break quite easilly. Racers often don't change the stuff that has worked in the past for them even if the new stuff is light years beyond their old junk. The Deeluxe, UPZ, and even Head boots are much better boots and should not be dismised becasue a handful of fast guys are on some old boot. This goes for all the equipment with the exception of boards (that's a longer story and I gotta go help set the race). Best thing to look at is what most the racers have done to their boots to make them work, none are stock!