Note to New Members ×

Aspen...who got this today!!! Give me more money...what...??

Shred Gruumer

Not that its a whole lot...$$$

Dear Shred Gruumer,

Thank you so much for booking your reservation through Stay Aspen Snowmass. I wanted to make you aware that on November 7th, the City of Aspen passed a .3% increase to the tax rate. The additional .3% tax is required to be collected by the property regardless of when your reservation was booked. The property will collect the additional tax at the time of check in /check out. If you would prefer to go ahead and pay this additional tax now, prior to your arrival in Aspen, please just let me know and I can process the payment and submit to the property.

http://www.aspenpitkin.com/Departments/Finance-City-of-Aspen/Sales-Tax/

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Should you have any additional questions or concerns to please call me.

Sincerely,

Barack O

Interesting choice of names to sign with... Likely a Phishing scam.

If not, too bad, so sad. The Aspen hotels will be victim of their own stupid pre-pay scheme and I won't feel bad about it, given that they are holding my money for 3+ months for them to invest in short-term investments like payroll companies do. I'd hope their rate of return covers that tax difference.

Interesting choice of names to sign with... Likely a Phishing scam.

If not, too bad, so sad. The Aspen hotels will be victim of their own stupid pre-pay scheme and I won't feel bad about it, given that they are holding my money for 3+ months for them to invest in short-term investments like payroll companies do. I'd hope their rate of return covers that tax difference.

precisely cd, you are all over it. more people need to think like you. business owners who want to retro-actively this and pre-emptively that when unexpected expenses arise need to be reminded: caveat emptor.

It's not phishing; it's real...it was approved by voters in Nov, but I see no reason to pay in advance and just pay the difference when you make your stay. Pretty soon, my cat is going to get taxed living here!