Pureboarding Event - Mont Blanc, Quebec – February 9/10, 2013

Dan Lambert

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Ian – and a few more carvers have confirmed they will come but have not yet added their names to the list – should be great! Here are a few more event details:

Hill Managers - I visited Mont Blanc last week and the hill managers are keen to have us. They promised to close a good run for us (probably run #30 called le Chateau on the north side) and will provide fresh corduroy grooming each nite. Let’s just pray it is not minus 30˚C that weekend! BTW, the hill managers have already heard some buzz locally about the event – so the word is getting out.

Meeting Place – We will be based at the bottom of the main hill where the café, bar, restaurant, ski shop, rental shop, etc. are all located. The Bar or the lunch room just south of the Bar are probably the best meeting places, although it is a busy resort. We will probably catch-up on the hills on Friday (for those arriving early) or in the bar at the end of the day on Friday.

Apres-ski – We can hang out at the Bar after boarding, until dinner. The Bar at the hill does not stay open late, but we can find one at St Jovite (Mont Tremblant), 5 minutes north of Mont Blanc along highway 117.

Dinners - There is no dinner restaurant at the hill, but Mont Blanc staff recommended La Cage aux Sports, which I checked-out. It is about 5 minutes north of the hill along highway 117 towards Mont Tremblant. It has nachos, chicken wings and meals, burgers, spaghetti, ribs and steaks all in the $10-20 range (the NY steak is $21). It is the only restaurant in the area which can accommodate us all together, so we will be eating there in the evenings. I will tell them to expect between 15-20 people to show up between 6:30-7:00 for dinner on Friday and 20-30 people on Saturday evening.

Mont Blanc Lift Tickets – Don’t forget that if you are staying at the Mont Blanc hotel, your lift ticket is included and if you are staying at a condo, the lift tickets are at a discounted rate. Call ahead to make sure your lift tickets will be waiting for you at check-in.

Mont Tremblant Discount - Mont Blanc offers a discount on Tremblant lift tickets for people staying two nites at Mont Blanc – so some people may want to try Tremblant on Friday or Monday?

Demo Equipment - For anyone wanting to try equipment, demos will be organized out in front of the rental shop. Boutique Sharks will have a demo tent organized on Sunday. If you want to try out some Pureboarding gear – just talk to me, Jeorg or Ray Pesho and we will set you up.

Accommodations – Not much left at the hill – so if you have not yet booked – you may have to find a place in the area.

Racers - I visited Mont Blanc last week and the first thing I saw was a dozen racing boards against a wall – a local racing team practices at Mont Blanc – the coach said they do not have a race that weekend, so some of his gang may be there. I will try to twist his arm to set up some gates for us on one of the two days.

See you guys in a month. Dan

• 2 weeks later...

1. Chris Hampton

2. Claude, Fri-Sun

3. Ian MacKenzie, Sat-Sun or Sun-Mon

4. Annie

5. Réal 8,9 & 10

6. Andrea, Dave & Lillian Morgan (Feb.8-10)

7. Charles 9-10

8. Tony Boros 9-10

9. Eric Mercier Sat-Sunday not sure for friday I will be there with the south shore!!!

10. Tom et thierry [9et 10]

11.Patrice ( 9 et 10 )

12. Tabatha (what ever days Ian and Chris drive me down for ... unless I am in NYC & Washington for work :()

13. Ryan (Sunday-Monday most likely...can't confirm 100% but this sounds awesome...great news Dan!)

14. Mike Lea ( 9th & 10th )

15. Max Fri-Sat

Accommodations – Not much left at the hill – so if you have not yet booked – you may have to find a place in the area.

Local accommodations hard to come by because numerous hockey tournament(s) on same dates.

The
still has lot's of shared dorms or private rooms (shared bathroom) available.

It's in the right direction for food / drink get-togethers.

Anyone ever stay there - your overall thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

1. Chris Hampton

2. Claude, Fri-Sun

4. Annie

5. Réal 8,9 & 10

7. Charles 9-10

8. Tony Boros 9-10

Eric Mercier Sat-Sunday not sure for friday I will be there with the south shore!!!

10. Tom et thierry
[9et 10]

11.Patrice ( 9 et 10 )

12. Tabatha (what ever days Ian and Chris drive me down for ... unless I am in NYC & Washington for work
:(
)

13. Ryan (Sunday-Monday most likely...can't confirm 100% but this sounds awesome...great news Dan!)

15. Max Fri-Sat

16. JF Sat

Hi Guys,

Here is the tentative event schedule:

Friday

• Enjoy the slopes (Joerg and I will arrive from Aspen about noon)

• Let us know if you want to demo Pureboarding equipment – we will set you up!

• Apres-ski – The Mont Blanc Bar

• 18:30 – Dinner at La Cage aux Sports – 340 Rte 117 (5 mins. north of Mont Blanc)

• Let us know if you want to demo Pureboarding boards at any time

Saturday

• 8:00 – Anyone who wants to hook-up can meet in the cafeteria area

• Let us know if you want to demo Pureboarding boards

• 8:30 – Lifts on Mont Blanc and Mont Faustin open

• 9:00 – Meet in front of the rental shop at the bottom of the main lifts

• 9:30 – Lifts on Mont Blanc Nord open – Guy McCann run #29 will be closed for us 9-1

• 11:00 – Meet in front of rental shop for Pureboarding clinic (free)

• Apres-ski – The Bar

• 18:30 – Dinner at La Cage aux Sports

Sunday

• 8:00 – Anyone who wants to hook-up can meet in the cafeteria area

• Let us know if you want to demo Pureboarding equipment

• Shark’s demo tent for the day in front of the rental shop

• 8:30 – Lifts on Mont Blanc and Mont Faustin open

• 9:00 – Meet in front of the rental shop at the bottom of the main lifts

• 9:30 – Lifts on Mont Blanc Nord open – Guy McCann run #29 will be closed for us 9-1

• 11:00 – Meet in front of rental shop for Pureboarding clinic (free)

Carving Runs

There are many great carving runs, including #8, 9, 18, 20, 28, 29, 30.

1. Chris Hampton

2. Claude, Fri-Sun

4. Annie

5. Réal 8,9 & 10

7. Charles 9-10

8. Tony Boros 9-10

9. Eric Mercier Sat-Sunday not sure for friday I will be there with the south shore!!!

11.Patrice ( 9 et 10 )

12. Tabatha (what ever days Ian and Chris drive me down for ... unless I am in NYC & Washington for work :()

15. Max Fri-Sat

16. JF Sat

17. Paul (loopback) Sunday day trip

18. Phil (philpjo) Sunday day trip

If it's not too late; Phil and I are going to head up Sunday morning for the day!'

//Paul

1. Chris Hampton

2. Claude, Fri-Sun

4. Annie

5. Réal 8,9 & 10

7. Charles 9-10

8. Tony Boros 9-10

11.Patrice ( 9 et 10 )

15. Max Fri-Sat

16. Paul and Phil are in for Sunday the 10th. Driving down early on Sunday.