Note to New Members ×

2013 Northeast Session

CaRtharsis

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all really excited about the trip! Wow - just a few weeks and we will be rocking Owls Head and Jay Peak. And it is so nice to have friends joining us from the States as well.

We still have (limited) space in the chalet, if anyone is interested. At less than $300 for six nights accomodation with a cool group of people who all revel in winter how can you go wrong?

If you are still interested in joining for the week (or a few days) let me know!

This may be of interest to those attending the session.

Owls Head

http://www.costco.ca/Owl's-Head-Ski-and-Golf-Resort-%24100-e-ticket.product.100026521.html

Can not be used on $20 Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductDetailsNonRedeemable?maxOptions=3&qty=false&productId=prod200013&changeLocale=en_CA

Costco voucher can not be used in conjunction with Air Miles Monday, but 25% is still better than the 20% savings from Costco.

So;

Mondays $33.75

Tuesday/Wednesday $20

Thursday/Friday $36 ( based on purchasing a $100 Costco voucher for $80 )

Jay Peak

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductDetailsNonRedeemable?maxOptions=3&qty=false&productId=prod190019&changeLocale=en_CA

35% discount any time when Air Miles card is presented. There may be more discounts available but I havent had time to really search. Standard day pass at Jay is $69. Discounted price is $44.85.

If anyone else can find discounts at either of these resorts or somewhere else in the area for a day please post them up.

Edited by CaRtharsis

BUMP / update
on ticket savings(s) for Northeast Session re: Owl's Head regular rate $45 ticket price:

- Sunday & Monday (two-day lift ticket) $28.50 each day, see
for details;

- Owl's Head Tuesday & Wednesday $20 special each day;

- Thursday & Friday (two-day lift ticket) $21.50 each day, see
for details;

- Saturday (one-day lift ticket) $30.92, see
for details.

Alternative options:

- Show
purchased from
save $10 off full ticket price;

- Show
$33 just Thursday and $39 from Friday to Monday;

- Show
$33 just Monday and $39 from Thursday to Sunday;

- Show
and pay $29;

- For season pass holders at other resorts, check with Owl's Head for possible

Comments:

1) Liftopia discounts are time sensitive so may sell-out.

2) E-Ticket is approximately a 20% discount on every $100
full-price
ticket(s) purchase.

So what are the plans for the last day (Friday, March 1st)? Riding in the morning or what? I'll have about a 10 hour drive home, so I need to decide if I'm going to leave first thing or get a room for the night and head back on Saturday morning...

Roof top box, snow tires, and new armour have arrived. Just about ready for the trip to the Charlevoix the week before and then on to Masonville... Now if it would just stop raining and get colder around here, I might get a few more days in before hand ;)

Hmmm, folks keep mentioning snow tires. I run snow tires on my car here at home, because it's a RWD.

However, I'm renting a midsized FWD car to make the drive up. Am I going to have issues on the way there, or getting around? Or is it going to be weather dependent?

Hi all,

Further to all the discounts above, I just confirmed with OH that a night pass from either Cascades or Vorlage will get us $29 lift tickets any day, taxes included. The passes must clearly show the season and your photo, which the Vorlage one does... I'll have to check my Cascades one.

SCORE :D

However, I'm renting a midsized FWD car to make the drive up. Am I going to have issues on the way there, or getting around? Or is it going to be weather dependent?

I needed to get snow tires for our new Hyundai because their "all season" tires are pure (insert your favorite expletive) in the snow, unlike my old Tarus wagon. I'll be spending two weeks in Quebec and didn't want to run into any issues like last year when there was a little dump of about 6 inches and the new car barely made it.

By law in Quebec, vehicles are required to have actual snow tires during the winter. I've never had a problem with the SQ (Sûreté du Québec - aka police), but then again I've never gotten stuck or in an accident in the provence. They are VERY good at clearing snow, so you should be ok...

KTV if you are renting a car they are not usually in the fleet long enough to have the tires worn down. But you can request a vehicle with snow tires to see if they have it. Just FYI you may want to inquire about their out of country policy. This will likely affect their insurance coverage requirements. Here in Ontario you are not required to take their coverage if your personal insurance company will cover the rental. You just need to take with you the liability slip with you from the vehicle that you own which is not being driven while you are out of town.

All that being said just take your time and get here in one piece.

Mark that law only applies to vehicles licensed in the province of Quebec.

I will be riding all day Friday and then heading home. Its only a 3.5 hour tour for me.

By law in Quebec, vehicles are required to have actual snow tires during the winter. I've never had a problem with the SQ (Sûreté du Québec - aka police), but then again I've never gotten stuck or in an accident in the provence. They are VERY good at clearing snow, so you should be ok...

I believe it's only mandatory for Quebec residents...however, winters are always a good idea.

edit: oops, just saw this was already mentioned.