Note to New Members ×

Compare UPZ to Deeluxe

Bobby Buggs

27 raichle AF600 and switched to UPZ same size 27. I tried the new track but couldn't fit in it, the interior volume seems to be a lot bigger. I most straps to the tightest and wasn't good.

With a Termo liner (scarpa) the UPZ soften up with a nice flex that I like. Made me think of my raichle with yellow BTS. I loved them now.

Getting in and out of the UPZ is always a major pain since the tongue doesn't move like the Raichle. It gets particularly hard and almost impossible if it's very cold outside and the plastic gets even harder...

...but once your foot is in they are the most comfortable boots: the way the buckle are positioned allows to get them nice and tight without pressure points. The pressure is evenly spread (I guess because of the 5 buckles as well as the harder tongue). On the Raichle the top of my feet or the arch was always hurting after a few hrs.

As a reference of my feedback: on both the Raichle and the UPZ I had the very same liner with the very same mold (I actually had the mold done on the Raichle and never bother to remold them to the UPZ.

The shell test on M29 UPZ and M29 Deeluxe Indys was about the same for me. But the UPZ's narrower heel keeps my feet from twistinmg around, while on the Indys my feet would twist around and bang into the front of the boot. That was with Intuition Power Wrap liners. I also tried Luxury liners but they took up too much volume--couldn't even get the arch buckle buckled. UPZ with stock Flo liners. Bottom line: about the same length, different fit/different shape. Hope that helps

It already has 2 springs on the boot. Not as much travel as the BTS but it works great. I found when I stwich liners the boot had the same feel as my Af600 with bts yellow spring. Of course the af were much softer. I doupt the BTS works on the boots, at least I`ve never heard anyone who has done it.

Or you can install a ACSS

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35443

it`s from the french forum here on bomber and there is a link a little bellow to an external Italian forums and they talk about the modifications. Now don`t ask me what they are saying.

It already has 2 springs on the boot. Not as much travel as the BTS but it works great. I found when I stwich liners the boot had the same feel as my Af600 with bts yellow spring. Of course the af were much softer. I doupt the BTS works on the boots, at least I`ve never heard anyone who has done it.

Or you can install a ACSS

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35443

it`s from the french forum here on bomber and there is a link a little bellow to an external Italian forums and they talk about the modifications. Now don`t ask me what they are saying.

I have some of the ACSS for Deluxe700's that are interesting(arrived completely out of the package from Warsaw, I imagine everybody in homeland security had their hands on them,but they are interesting because of the rage of motion they introduce), that set for the UPZ have much beefier springs and I'd like to get my hands on a set.

Back on topic, Heads which the OP loves so much are very similar to the UPZ's in my opinion, but they allow easy shell modification, UPZ's require constant buckle replacement.