Note to New Members ×

Place to buy alpine snowboarding gear in Vancouver area

kaz

Hi everyone.

Sorry My English isn't good. But I wanna ask you guys some questions about place to buy snowboarding gears (snowboard, hard-boots, bindings and stuff)

I'm from Japan and moved into New Westminster BC this Sep. I've been asking some shops in Vancouver if I can buy alpine snowboarding gears there. They say No or go Whistler. I know I can buy some from this website. But I wanna know a local shop where sells them or I can order them. And also I wanna know a shop in Vancouver area can maintain and customize snowboards and boots.

I'm gonna go Cypress montain this winter. I'm looking forward it so much. And I don't have any friend here so please talk to me when you see me there.

Thank you.

Prior snowboards is up the highway on the way to Whistler. Upz boots is about 3-4 hour drive in Osyoos. Yyz canuck ships from Toronto.

There are lots of Vancouver locals and lots for sale in canada on buy sell etc...

I you are close to the us border, shipping can be sent to a company like Hagens of Blaine. You just drive across and pick up.

You are in the right place! Vancouver has decent number of alpine riders and majority rides Cypress. We are all buddies on and off slope. Just in an hour or so we'll have a 3 hour slalom skateboard session in Coquitlam, at least 4 snow riders will be there, If you skate, pop in to Lafarge Lake, parking just north of the lake. Otherwise, feel free to drop me an email: boris at blueb dot biz

Gear, best places to buy: CarvingScooby's or my garage :D

Scooby is having a mother of all alpine garage sales, just for locals. Email him through forum. I might do the same a bit later, too.

If you wanted to spend more money, then Prior at Whistler...

Lots of modifications and maintenance we do ourselves. Cypress has semi-decent shop for basic grinds etc. Good shops are at W 2nd in Vancouver - Vancouver Ski, or in North Van around Marine Drive - name lipped my memmory right now.

Yeah, let's gear you up before the snow flies. We have only 4 weeks or less now.

Kureijī tanoshii chōkoku no sekai ni yōkoso - Is that right :confused: :o If wrong - blame Google :eplus2:

Welcome in crazy fun carving world - Got your pass yet?

Yeah, I'm trying to unload some to locals but I suggest to discuss with BlueB so you won't stuck with something you don't want. But again you could be an advance rider and you know what you want. Point is we gladly to help if we can.

RT

My email: carvingchanel at yahoo dot ca

To boardguru.

Thank you. I'm glad to find this website.

To ti knee.

Thank you so much.

I could have checked the Yyz canuck while I was at Barrie, ON. I'll check Prior snowboards. Japan is so small land so I didn't need to go so far away to buy snowboard gearsb but here, too wide to check shops. And some shop staffs even said they don't know what alpine snowboard is. Thank you for your info.

To BlueB.

Thank you so much.

I checked YouTube and website a lot and that's why I decided to go to Cypress. Glad to hear that.

Thank you for asking me that session but my wife took our car this morning. I'm interested in skateboard and I've tried it before. But I'm suck at it. I don't have enough money to buy it now because my wife and I spent almost all our money to move into here. So I can afford to buy only snowboarding gears now. I work out and jog to keep my stamina for snowboarding. So I'm thinking to get a skateboard (Carver?) and bike when I can afford it. Please help me when I ask your opinion about skateboard.

I like DIY. So I'll try the modifications and maintenance by myself when I need to do it.

Thank you.

To www.oldsnowboards.com.

Thank you! lol.

I think I just have enogh stuff to start snowboarding now. But I might want some spares like a set of bindings. I'll let you know when I want!

Thank you.

To CarvingScooby.

Thank you so much.

Only The chokoku part is wrong. But I understood what that mean.

I got the silver pass the other day while it's early bird discount.

I appreciate your help. I have many things to do. So I can't spend all my money for only snowboarding gears. But snowboarding is my big passion. I'm sure I'm gonna get better gears. I'll let you know when I want something. But now, I don't have enough money.

Thank you.

To davekempmeister.

Really? I don't have enough vocabularies to talk about political thing like difficult topics. I wanna improve my English. And snowboarding too!

Thank you.

I used to go to Nomugi-toge skiarea in Nagano Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tksnowwold#p/a/u/1/LhkYkOxpt2s

And I joined a snowboard club "Arrows Nomugi" there. I was with some people who are good at snowboarding. (I'm not...)

Team leader's video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCIM3eGA38Y

The member's video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gocchin2010snow?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/6/7yUfcR780c8

This guy is pro-rider and just our team leader's friend. He came to Nomugi-toge skiarea to teach us often. (I didn't join his lessons though...)

http://www.youtube.com/user/snowboardjt#p/u/0/WDGPvfQ7q1E

http://www.youtube.com/user/koheistyle2011

And also he was on a carving video in Japan this year. The video name is Installer. (Sigi Grabner was on Installer 101)

I was in lucky enviroment at that place in Japan. I could see good snowboarders riding and get to know some technics from them.

I'm still intermediate level. I wanna improve my snowboarding so much same as you guys here.

If you wanna know something about Japanese snowboarders, let me know I'll help you.

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciated them.

Image194-1.jpg

P1010633-1.jpg

P.S. I don't speak like this. Please talk to me easy and slow! :)

Don't worry about buing a skate right now - we've got so many spare ones, on site, every time. You just show up, pick a board and ride. It will be every Saturday, 10:30am to 2:00pm, until the snow. We ride the mentioned spot at Lafarge on sunny days and have an indoor spot (even closer to your area) for rainy days.

Kaz!

Anata wa sugoi rakki hito dayo! Vancouver wa Canada no ichiban saicouna machi. Uraiyamashidesu (^_^) Boku wa Sapporo ni sunderu. Kyounen Canada ni kaerimashta. BlueB mo Scooby mo aimashta. Sono futari wa tottemo yasashi. Karera wa boku wo takusan tasukemashta.

BlueB and Scooby will take very good care of you, Kaz. You are starting your life in Canada in the best way. Enjoy!

To BlueB.

Thank you for your offering!

The picture looks good. You've got many skateboard!

My wife takes our car every Saturday morning. I don't know how I can go there. I'll figure it out.

To Flywarker.

Hajime ma****e. Anata no Nihongo wa watashi no okusan yori jyouzu desu:)

Thank you. I haven't done any fun thing since we got to here because we don't have enough money now. I need my permanent residency to work soon.

To xy9ine.

Thank you.

Some snowboard shop's staffs told me they don't know what the alpine snowboarding is. So I thought no one does alpine snowboarding here until I found this website. I'm glad I found you guys here!

Thank you.

IMG_2079-1.jpg

FH000005-1.jpg

FH010009-1.jpg

IMG_0466-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone.

Sorry My English isn't good. But I wanna ask you guys some questions about place to buy snowboarding gears (snowboard, hard-boots, bindings and stuff)

I'm from Japan and moved into New Westminster BC this Sep. I've been asking some shops in Vancouver if I can buy alpine snowboarding gears there. They say No or go Whistler. I know I can buy some from this website. But I wanna know a local shop where sells them or I can order them. And also I wanna know a shop in Vancouver area can maintain and customize snowboards and boots.

I'm gonna go Cypress montain this winter. I'm looking forward it so much. And I don't have any friend here so please talk to me when you see me there.

Thank you.

Hey Kaz welcome to the forum and New West. I can't help you with boots, but I have a board and bindings (yellowtop burton FP 167 and burton raceplates) you are welcome to use all year if you want. You are lucky to be in this area because there are some people that have a LOT of carving gear in their house that you can probably use for free. Haha.

Where are you in New West? I'm in Queens park area.

Hi mr roboteye!

I'm sorry I think I didn't explain my situation enough.

I have enough gears to snowboard now. I wanted to buy some spares for future. So I wanted to know place to buy gears because I might have trouble with my gears.

Anyway, thank you so much for your offering. I'm glad to find YVR carvers.

I really appreciate you guys.

I don't have any rockboard so I don't know when I can go to cypress now. But I hope I can see you soon there.

I live near Moody park. So close!

He, he, you are likely to see Mr Robitaille only at Whisler... He's too snobbish to ride local hills :D ;) Good friend, never the less.

Scooby's and my offer for a rock board is still good - come pick what you want, or I could bring one when we go to Cypress.

He, he, you are likely to see Mr Robitaille only at Whisler... He's too snobbish to ride local hills :D ;) Good friend, never the less.

Scooby's and my offer for a rock board is still good - come pick what you want, or I could bring one when we go to Cypress.

Haha, it's true. Not much of a cypress guy. In all seriousness I only have one board that is really suited to riding at cypress. All the others are a bit too long to miss the moving meat pylons. :)

Hi mr roboteye!

I'm sorry I think I didn't explain my situation enough.

I have enough gears to snowboard now. I wanted to buy some spares for future. So I wanted to know place to buy gears because I might have trouble with my gears.

Anyway, thank you so much for your offering. I'm glad to find YVR carvers.

I really appreciate you guys.

I don't have any rockboard so I don't know when I can go to cypress now. But I hope I can see you soon there.

I live near Moody park. So close!

That's ok, I'm glad to hear you already have some good gear. I see from the picture you have at least one ogasaka board.

A little english lesson. When you are talking about "gear", even though there is more than one piece of "gear" it is correct to use the singular version of the word.

If you want to say that all your gear is old and worn out referring to your pants, jacket, gloves, board, bindings, boots. You would still use the singular word "gear"

"All my gear is ****ty and worn out"

"Man, my gear sucks"

I know english is pretty hard to understand sometimes because the same rules don't always apply to every situation.

Thank you for always helping me. BlueB.

Did you already go Cypress yet? I can't wait.

This is my gear mr_roboteye :)

P1060117.jpg

2009 Ogasaka EV 162 and VIST

2009 F2 EQUIP 174

2010 Deeluxe Track 700

(2006 F2 SPEEDSTER 163)

P1010553.jpg

I coudln't afford to buy what I wanted. I was saving money hard to come here.

My friends gave me the F2 EQUIP. And I bought OGASAKA EV very cheap from my friend.

Someday, I wanna buy what I want. I have to find a good job.

Thank you for your English lesson. That's what I need.

I wanna put some comments on this forums someday.

I have to improve my English, snowboarding and skateboading.

I sometimes feel awkward in front of YVR carvers because

I can't talk what I wanna say. I need a high-end CPU in my brain man.

....Thank you for your English lesson. That's what I need.

I wanna put some comments on this forums someday.

I have to improve my English, snowboarding and skateboading.

I sometimes feel awkward in front of YVR carvers because

I can't talk what I wanna say. I need a high-end CPU in my brain man.

What you need is a lot more CANADIAN beer and making lots of turn..:eplus2::biggthump

BTW: That`s cool decks u got there...

Cheers

RT:ices_ange

Lots and lots and lots and lots of great beer to choose in Vancouver, Kaz:D

Ironna Vancouver hito ha hokka no kuni kara kimashta. Eigo ha karera no saishou kotoba jyanai dayo. Shimpai shinai de. Kimochi ha ichiban daiji. Onaji shumi moteru dakara topikku ha hanashi yasui.

All good :)

Kaz,

Your English is very good, for a person from a non-English speaking country. Especially your written English. You just have to go for it and talk, talk, talk... Reading a lot (in English) will help a lot with grammar and spelling, way more then conversation.

Thrust me on this, I was in your situation 20 years ago, when I mouved from Europe to South Africa...

北米及びBOLへようこそ!

日本に三年間滞在した、アメリカ人の僕は、外国語を覚える難しさはよくわかります。でもKazさんはすでに十分英語でコミュニケーションができていると思います。思い通りに表現できないことがあるかも知れませんが伝えたいことは相手である私たちBOLのメンバーは理解していますからご心配なく!

BOLのVancouverの皆さんはとてもいい人だから、いい所に着いたと思います。今年の冬、Vancouverまで滑りに行けたら、carvingと英語・日本語を混ぜた「チャンポン」を話すのを楽しみにします!

Thanks BlueB.

I can wright better than I speak. I can check and fix it before I post.

I think that's why. I'm gonna have to study Enghlish more!

Dan san Hajimema****e.

Your Japanese is so good. One of my best friend from US has been living in Japan for 15 years. His speaking is very good but he can't wright any. You must have studied Japanese hard or You are just genuis.

YVR carversはとてもいい人達です。非常に感謝しています。よくされ過ぎてるかもしれません。

あまり迷惑をかけたくないので、こちらからは何も言いませんが、こちらの気持ちを察して

向こうから気を使ってもらって色んなことをしてもらってます。本当に助かってます。

こちらに来たら是非チャンポンで話しましょう。

I used to help my friend's bar/night club as a bartender. (Because I could drink free.)

The friend is one of my best friend from US, African-American.

So some custmers are foreigner who speak English. All of them talk the チャンポン.

It was funny to listen their talking. And... I became like them too. :)

懐かしいです。

普段話す人がいなくてちょっと寂しいですけど、carver仲間を増やして皆で楽しみたいと思います。

Thanks.