Note to New Members ×

Ruroc helmets

slopestar

RG-1 Core

http://shop.rurocusa.com/RG-1-Core-Arctic-

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RCJWxdTNvkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>White-Textured-Finish-200-000.htm

Pretty dope helmet. I will be purchasing mine direct from the UK. I called the US vendor/distributor and got a "not so knowledgeable salesperson"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a moment, I misread your thread title as "Ru-Ok Helmets", which I think would be a pretty clever name. That is a pretty brilliant idea though - provided the helmets fit well and the goggles don't suck. I could see fog becoming an issue with the face-mask on.

Look at the related youtube videos of formula one pit crews using these very same helmet/goggle/mask combination. You think those guys get hot and sweaty?

Don't worry, the force is strong in this one!:eek:

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that F1 racing is not a cold-weather sport (I assume the heavy suits are for protection from heat burns/road rash etc). Goggle fogging not caused by sweat/moisture alone, It's caused by warm moisture+cold goggle lens. I never have problems with my goggles fogging in the spring and early season. Only on cold days.

The only way to know is to use them in the cold, with the mask on.

I'm very skeptical, as the mask does not appear to have any shielding on the top that would prevent your breath discharge from entering the bottom vents on the goggles. It seems like it would guide your moisture-rich breath directly into the goggles' bottom vent (since heat tends to rise). Probably wouldn't be an issue while riding, as there seems to be good forward-to-rear venting on the mask, but the moment you stop moving on a very cold day I assume that major goggle foggage will be an issue.

But if they've found a clever way around the goggle fog issue, it seems like a very clever idea.

The. Helmet allows airflow/breath to go between the face/ goggle area and up over the head between the shell and the liner. Go to the UK site. Not the limited US distributor site. The whole of the design is to eliminate fogging. I get the point but when I jog even on a hot day, my perspiration fogs my sunglasses. Just saying...

They have a number of discount codes.

Their facebook page shows a 10% discount for "ILOVERUROC". Not sure it'll work from over the pond but you can but try.

Or PM me if you're actually going to order and there's a better code out there.

--

I'm not a helmet wearer on snow (let's not go there: there's plenty more threads for that argument), but something more integrated seems like a good idea. This seems a bit of a compromise though - why not have a visor rather than goggles I wonder.

II mainly purchased for the face protection from falls and secondly for west coast snowmaking which happens every second it is cold enough to blow snow. Frozen pellets hurt at speed and I hate the snot gator. Yes inclusive price helmet and goggles is reasonable. Attic white...storm trooper...:1luvu: I will post up in gear review area once it arrives and when the snow flies!