Note to New Members ×

brett tippie - dirt boarding

xy9ine

Alright u guys..., I know u both are desperate for snow :rolleyes:... and no need to destroy yr decks on the gravel pit...:freak3:

Grouse is still open till May 15 and I've heard ticket will be dicounted big time... Blueb plan to give another try his new split tail carving toy soon...thn...

We still have Blackcomb till end of May...thn we have the "Glazier" run all the way to July (I think)...:biggthump

Dan... give us bz maybe we can do some turn together on local mt, just take yr boot...between me & Blueb u have lots to choose...:eplus2:

I miss the snow too....:o

Cheers

RT

Thanks Ray. I have been away from home for the lsat 3 weeks and plan to stay here for a bit. I would have only been able to bring my boots and bindings as I sold my carving board.

Spending my time with this one for the next few months.

1107628218_qESr7-L.jpg

Sweet shot, thanks for posting.

It's a dangerous picture though because it makes gravel riding look both easy and fun. Every other time I've seen gravel boarding I've thought "Holy $***, those guys are insane!". This picture makes me think "Hey, I'd like to try that!"

We have a 600' tall sand mountain just over an hour from here that is a big playground for dirt bikes, quads and sand rails. I used to take my Burton Air there back in the day. We would tow someone behind the quad with a ski rope to strip the wax and then go to the top and ride down. Crashing never really hurt but you got sand up your nose and in your ears.

This was my only board at the time and I just waxed it and rode it the next winter. Repeated that for about 3 years.

• 3 months later...