Note to New Members ×

Do you really love your board?

Tatoos

Ok.,Ok. lets me explain.I have to approach them purely emotional. I love every new board- but also those other.My heart bleeds when I have to sell either, so really, almost all are in my retirement till the end. Each board is another story, another event, other people - a different story. So emotional memories, photos,movies...

I would like to know what is your approach to these cases. Does this board is only board? I also know that many of you have a whole collection of several, a dozen boards. Boards are married to more than others...

So how-emotionally or rationally?

nah, it's a tool. i get satisfaction when using it as the maker intended.

any other time it's taking up space.

Sadly, you can only ride them one at a time. I love them all and there is certainly an emotional tie/ I have learned now that I will never part with them. If they should die/ they become benches or shelving, otherwise no one rides them but me...

I have lot of boards with some I've felt in love, each is different with the others, the one that I don't like I usually sell ASAP before they get any scratch or demages.

I really love my R17 185, Speed 168/225, FP 160(yellow and black, same shape different stiffness), and a astonishing TT 170/18 ultralight, superquick edge changes, incredible ice grip, gliding base. Awful colors.

And a super allterrain SG Black Mamba 178.

I LOVE my family in 'real life' but on the hill I do 'love' my current board.I have described it before as the ultimate mistress .That said, it would be hard to compare my 210 Diablo Composites board to any woman. I can't imagine what a woman would have to be able to do to compare to a 6'10" custom barn burner of a deck whose limits I have yet to find.:0

The first one I truly loved is my Coiler 180 Racecarve - built for me about 10 years ago! Doesn't have much bounce in the tail anymore but then neither do I. Still silky-smooth and will carve inside most SL boards. No good on blue ice anymore, but again, neither am I.

Next year, if there's some luck in between, I know just what I'm looking for - a burlier, slightly less turny, metal VSR version around 185 or so...

I loved HALF of my original Hot Logical, but only the heelside half - toeside was always kinda sketchy and it got sketchier with age. I have a lot of affection for my Oxygen SL LE, but that's mostly vanity - it makes the tightest turn at the slowest speed of any board I've ever been on, so it leaves a pretty cool trench to admire going back up the lift. WAY too soft to race on for my 220 lb though.

There have been boards I HATED with a passion - a Hot Blast 172, a GNU Raceroom (might as well have been made of two by fours) and a Volant which came unglued in the middle of an epic day.

I have emotional attachments to several of my boards.

The first 188 Burner I got when I first joined BOL (loved those things) I still have in sweet shape, I have all the Burner lengths in new, or pretty close to new, shape and like having them all. I have a couple extra 88's I'd sell if the price was right and a 67 thats a little rugged.

The orig 158's are certainly dear to me and I can't see selling them. Have a few 170's that are unlikley to be sold ever. I have a newer 158, thats a "rider"

I have some Olympic Doneks that I could never get enough out of them to justify selling them,

Other boards have certainly become tools from jewels (teaching your 3 y.o. son to ski and he runs over your brand new titanal Coiler Angrry took care of that in a hurry). Still love that thing. The big scratch on the topsheet actually makes me like it a bit more now that I think about how it got scarred...

Shred's Plankentein is so freaking good, would need to have something to really good to compare before I turned the page on that bad boy. Got a couple other of his "disposables" that are super unique and ride so well, will want to hang on to them for a while.

I have a mint Mistral, I'd never get anything for, A customized to me Coda VO Sidecarve I cant see ever selling and probably a few more I can't think of.

Other boards come and go and I'm cool with that.

Stoked there are still plenty of Alpine oppritunity's out there!:biggthump

The quiver will continue to inhale and exhale.

Burton Ultra-prime 156.

The only board I use off piste with 4" or less freshies. I have 2 in use and 4 brand spanking new ones for back-up. Unlike my dedication to my wife, I will use any of my primes when the time comes, and I love them all the same.

Mine started about 5 years ago...experimental at first,,, with a 172 F2 Silberfeil. Things were pretty rough and bumpy at first but the relationship gradually developed some foundation. It started to blossom after some serious counseling (Dredman), and I was able to let loose of some of my old (soft board) habits. But as sometimes happens, there grew some discontentment with the F2 and I began seeking a greater level of satisfaction...which I found with my 179 Coiler Classic (Montucky Racecarve), which I think became my first true love. But, still needing some ...variety,,,,the quiver was expanded both directions...a Coiler VSR 170 Tight...hmmm...Fun...and a Donek metal FC 185....Hmm..fast, smooth and stable (and sometimes I just need alot of stability). IN love with each of them...they each have their place,,,Would not want to part with any of them. Still feel some need to expand,,,and without guilt...besides,,,here (southern Montucky) and just south of here (Utah),,,Polygamy is not a foreign concept,,,and some think quite highly (heavenly) of it!!

I really love riding my boards. I treat them well and wouldn't think of selling them - until I ride something that I like better. ;) Then the love affair is over for the old board. Divorce proceedings are usually quick and painless soon after. Luckily I've got a harem of 3 that keep me happy in all conditions I normally encounter. I change one at a time as needed.

I really love riding my boards. I treat them well and wouldn't think of selling them - until I ride something that I like better. ;) Then the love affair is over for the old board. Divorce proceedings are usually quick and painless soon after. Luckily I've got a harem of 3 that keep me happy in all conditions I normally encounter. I change one at a time as needed.

You know your Monster is getting jealous of the glassy look in your eyes you have after spending a day with the NSR. And your NSR doesn't like to hear you reminisce about the good times you've had on the Monster. I think you need to separate those two before one of them accidentally falls over and gouges the others base. I want to help you out here so I'm offering to take the Monster off your hands and together we can stop all this jealousy once and for all.:D

Hobie carbon dual-e 162 freeride has been my love affair for over a decade. :ices_ange

I saw the twinkle in her daddy's eye, her birth and confirmation and celebrate each passing birthday. I ride her with reckless abandon, at every opportunity and I mount her the hard way, with heavy iron from her day, Bomber TD-1's. She'll carve every turn like we we're on rails. She is strong enough to punch through the roughest crud, she'll chew though any mogul I point her at without getting torqued, yet she's soft enough to finesse the driest powder. I can lay her over to 90* on any corduroy slope until my armpit drags, for turn after turn after turn, and she still begs for more. Even after I am totally out of breath with heart pounding, knees shaking and thighs burning.:eplus2:

I am thankful for her full figure with broad waist-ed bulging hips since she floats so well when the going gets deep. I am even more gratified with her carbon top and bottom since she'll never loose the amazing spring in her step or get floppy and droopy with age. I have only a couple more copies of her and loath the day when she gets too old and her skin is too dry or creased to slide on her bottom, anymore.:(

Do I really love my board?:1luvu:

Ok.,Ok. lets me explain.I have to approach them purely emotional. I love every new board- but also those other.My heart bleeds when I have to sell either, so really, almost all are in my retirement till the end. Each board is another story, another event, other people - a different story. So emotional memories, photos,movies...

I would like to know what is your approach to these cases. Does this board is only board? I also know that many of you have a whole collection of several, a dozen boards. Boards are married to more than others...

So how-emotionally or rationally?

"You do not have to justify your toys"

PS. Caution, this is how many a snowboard "Collector" gets started ;):eplus2:

You see, I wanted to see how many of us have the typical instrumental approach. For me, snowboard is a thing what makes me a purpose in life and that life makes sense ...no, I'm not an extremist, as in advertising NBA,, I love this game!"

May be the second youth?