Note to New Members ×

Question for women

Daneille

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ho, All:

Just caught up with the postings. I LIKE:1luvu: the idea of a WES. No doubt we could pull it off too.

No, Steve did not have me ride the Diablo. But he did bring a board that I had way fun on and have added to my "quiver". Sorry I missed Big Mountain's last hurrah and meeting some of you. Next year? Sad to see the season over:(

Cheers, all

Max

YES! I did this on the East Coast a few years back, and it was lots of fun. The boys were hiding in the trees to watch:lol: It would not take much arm twisting to get me out west for a women's expression session. Let's plan it!

YES! I did this on the East Coast a few years back, and it was lots of fun. The boys were hiding in the trees to watch:lol: It would not take much arm twisting to get me out west for a women's expression session. Let's plan it!

I'll make Jim move out for a weekend, and you can all come stay with me and we'll ride in Aspen :eplus2:

How am I supposed to save pennies when Bomber is having a sale on Sidewinders?!?!??! This girl just can't resist a sale on sexy new (used) metallic footwear! :p:1luvu::eek::ices_ange

Nationals week might be a good time - end of season, longer days for traveling, and around spring break time in Jackson I'm basically unemployed anyway since it becomes a ghost town here... but I'm open to other options too. WES West sounds like a very cool idea! :biggthump

Nationals would be a great time, if you guys don't want me to show up. That week could not be worse for me unless you picked the week of the SES :rolleyes:

Even starting the weekend after would work much much better! The week before can be super busy for me, but after Nationals I've got some time. This might also be good for coercing Richard to come and do a clinic, because he will not have as many...I hate to say the word....commitments :eek:.

Next question = where? It would have to be at a resort that has not closed yet (duh) but something to keep in mind as a lot of resorts start closing around that time. Also, snow can be iffy although this year right now it's FANTASTIC!

Of course, I vote for Summit County but Aspen works too. JH could also work but I am not sure how the snow is there, or when they close. UT resorts are either closed or the snow is real sketchy and same with CA (or you get Sierra Cement for snow). However, if we are trying to tie it in with Nationals than Summit County/Aspen might be the best option so that people wont' have to travel twice.

thoughts ladies?? This is gonna be FUN!

And just so there are no crazy ideas....boys = :nono:

A couple of thoughts - Aspen is wonderful, but wicked spendy (unless we really do cram everyone into Angie's apartment!!!:p) and I'm not sure I can scare up the dough for 2 trips there in one year. JH lift tickets are pricey too, and spring snow conditions can be bad (the groomers are south facing.) Targhee is more reasonable, but the terrain is on the steep side. Could base out of Driggs, Idaho though and have 3 areas pretty close by. Sun Valley might be a possibilty? I've never ridden in Summit county, so don't know what the options are...?

But I'm wondering if there is some little gem of a local ski area somewhere that might work? It's not like we're going to have 200 hardbooting gals show up. :rolleyes: My very best carving days this year were at Kelly Canyon - 1,000 feet of vertical, a couple of fixed grip doubles, good grooming, fun terrain, no crowds till after school, $39 lift tickets, a hot spring just down the road and cheap hotels in Idaho Falls... Wondering if there are other similar areas that might be fun and less expensive for those of us on a budget? (Kinpa - what about Lookout Pass?:))

I also think I would prefer the timing to be earlier in the year if possible... I can see going and having a great time, learning a bunch, getting all stoked and then - poof! the season is over. Might be more fun to have some season left afterward? And I generally prefer winter snow conditions. But if Steph can't make it out west earlier, then after Nationals would be better.

OK, that's what's running through my head right now.....

I could go with being based in Driggs, because I'm totally a road trip girl. I have no problems driving a hour or two each way, and hitting three or four resorts in as many days. Targhee, Jackson Hole, Kelly Canyon, and Whitefish on the way home. And Driggs is SUPER cheap for house rental - a really nice place that would sleep 6 is $250 - $275 a night. Throw everyone into two cars each day, and it's sounding like a pretty cheap trip.

Sun Valley might be the other option. I don't know what the lodging's like cost wise, and the lift tickets are damn expensive, but the resort looks big enough to keep us out of mischief for a few days. If anyone has carved there, please wade in ...

I'd also rather do it earlier in the season, when the snow is more consistent. I'm not a fan of the spring bulletproof, being a wimpy westie. :)

You'll have to come to Whistler in May, then. WES = Whistler Expression Session. We've been using this acronym for 6-7 years now.

With so many acronyms these days, its hard to keep track. Whistler would be lovely though:cool:

Some great ideas going on here. I'd love to get out there for a Women's Carve Session. Next season I've got ECES (end of february'ish) and Nationals at Copper (april). Can I convice anyone to come to ECES????

The other thought is if we have it in Summit County, we will have access to tons of demos. We could use Bomber as a base for all of our gear.

Summit county does tend to get crowded, but early season (beginning of Dec) or late (after Nationals in April) it's not bad at all. Right now, there's no one on the slopes and we just got another 11 inches of snow! The carving is excellent right now. Also, there is a really cheap hotel here (set up like a hostel) that my friend owns and I can talk him into maybe being a "sponsor". ;)

i do like the idea of going to ID though.

This is a great discussion and I hope we can make it happen!

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to shred with you ladies! I'm out during USASA Nationals; otherwise I am on the East Coast!:1luvu:

HillB, anytime you can get up to Stratton, send me an email, and we can hook up for some turns. You should also try to make it to ECES for at least a few days. Dates are not fully set yet, but looking at last week in February. Keep an eye for dates, as we will be posting by June hopefully.

Again, I'm definately up for staying a few days after USASA Nationals. I'm pretty much done w/work by then, and won't have to fly twice in a season ($$$).

You and Steph can ride circles around the rest of us, and we can teach you some bad habits! :-)

Thanks for the props Kelly, however I've definately got my share of bad habits;) I'd be happy to share them everyone:lol: