Note to New Members ×

All the Ladies in the House

Steph

I've been checking out this board a bit lately, since the season is upon us and have noticed quite a few new ladies posting up. Maybe you're not new, but just starting to post in this forum. Either way, it is great to see more women joining the carving scene every year.

I'm thinking that we will need to have The 1st annual Women's Expression Session this year (WES'05). Just a fun idea. Maybe, if there is any interest, all us ladies can gather for a day on the hill of carving it up.

I love to ride w/my hubby but I think it would be cool to say "Sorry honey but I'm going to rip it up w/the ladies today!"

Thought?? Ideas??

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Marilyn Cambers

No indication where you are from .... what part of the country / world are you thinking of gathering for this ladies carving session?? :p

I don't exactly rip it up yet, but I'd like to meet up with some other women with a hardbood set-up, even if I am still on the beginner hill! I just think it is fun!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be cool! Bring it on!

Marilyn ;)

Originally posted by sic t 2

nice one Stan. Hunter Mountain... that be June on your right?

Yes and Yes.

I was riding my Oxygen Proton 168 on that day. The year before I did the pond on Burton FP 157 . . .

Speaking of Hunter - they are opening tomorrow to 2-4" of freshies . . .

how about okemo??? i've never been. then again i haven't ridden with another female on plates before either. i have been looking for an excuse to abandon the mole hill i work at for a day this season and think this sounds like a blast!

and yeah, i am pro-NE since my finances are uh, "creative."

but i would totally love the opportunity to bond with fellow women riders who are into more than rails and pipe.

Well, I'm on the East Coast and would be up for any New England mountain, Okemo is always fun. I've only alpined with 2 other girls since I've started and I must say I improved more in one day with them than I have with any of the guys I've riden with.

Always up for a girls day out on the hills.

Originally posted by Elisa

Well, I'm on the East Coast and would be up for any New England mountain, Okemo is always fun. I've only alpined with 2 other girls since I've started and I must say I improved more in one day with them than I have with any of the guys I've riden with.

Always up for a girls day out on the hills.

i think that makes 3 of us gals so far

would love to ride with some chicks. our body mechanics are different. some guys have tried to help me with that, but a woman would probably better understand a woman's physicality.

count me in!

hey steph... i like the idea... NE is good for me, unless you all want to come to canada????? make a date and i will do my best to be there.... i always like killington, but whatever is ok by me!!!

ps i'll be in ct for t-day, what are you guys up to? i'll call you when i'm home...

So the only recommendation I've seen so far is Okemo. Okemo is an awesome carving mountain mid week. Maybe we could do a friday there. Any other suggestions?? There are certainly enough views on this thread that lead me to believe this is an interesting topic. ;)

here's a pointless post.

i am honestly willing to go anyplace away from "here" that is located in the NE. "here" for me is western ny, so anything that is a mountain is new to me. right now it is sounding like it would be a gathering of women in the NE who aren't exactly able to join in all the fun at SES. i only suggested okemo because it supposedly has pretty good grooming and i know nothing about actually riding in areas that offer vert greater than 1200'.

so whatever happens happens. the gorey details are yet to be determined, but i really do not want to see this idea die. i need to have my butt kicked by some awesome female riders on plates.

the focus is intended to be fun cruising?? maybe sharing tips and techniques? i know i would definitely appreciate that.

so please keep the ideas flowing. to whoever mentionned canada, i approve. personally, i am always looking for an excuse to travel in canada.

and as for speaking in code, may i suggest smoke signals??

Originally posted by Tommy D

It will be interesting to see how many MALE carvers show up where ever the Females plan on meeting. :D

Ladies: You should speak in code to hide your plans.

:p

The ladies once again prove to be smarter than us. what with the fall of ECES as we know it, they clearly figured the best way to get us guys all together is to host ladies day...BRILLIANT!

we men would be stupid not to be at the hill, and leave them alone...until Apres...

Hey alpinegirl, thanks for keeping this post alive. I'm really charged on this idea! For all ladies reading this post, here is some food for thought:

Would you prefer...

- midweek

- friday & saturday

- sunday & monday

- one day only

Areas that are good carving hills in VT:

- okemo

- stratton

- killington (not great carving, but centrally located)

Canada is not out of the question at all! Andrea, where would be a good place to carve up there? I too could always use an excuse to go to canada.

Keep your input coming ladies. I really think we could have a blast, and learn along the way.

:D

I'm loving this idea. I would really be up for any hill on the East Coast including those western New York hot spots. The only problem that I have is that I'm still a youngin' and have classes during the week. As for Canada I'm game. I'll be at Blue Mountain the week after Christmas.

About that code . . .anyone else speak French?

If Stratton works for you all, I might be able to do a dinner or two at my house over a weekend. I live about 25 minutes from the mountain and inn rates are much cheaper there. I'd be in either way and I'd love to help out to get this off the ground.