Note to New Members ×

I just fell in love.....

Michelle

This is me and my new custom board built just for me, with a custom top sheet that I designed (with help from Steve Fleck, thank you!!). It's incredibly unique, kinda like me :)

If you see anyone else holding it, walking around with it, or even passionately desiring it, immediately run, don't walk, over to them and start the b*&(slappin.

Isn't it beautiful??

post-49-141842325984_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to ride it! thanks for all the support! I just wanted everyone to see what it looked like so it won't get stolen again :( BAD BAD Karma goes to those who steal one's snowboards!
someone could suggest to all the custom board manufacturers that they laminate a near-field RFID tag into the board core. ?

someone could suggest to all the custom board manufacturers that they laminate a near-field RFID tag into the board core. ?

There are almost enough bits in the toy-box to put together something like that. The problem would be, what would be scanning the tag? If you had a resort with a barrier-protected storage area then you'd be able to make a safe board store, but you'd need some sort of "token" also.

If all boards had RFID tags in them, then you could work lift tickets around that.

You could track your board if you had something active on it, although that would probably be obvious and therefore steal-able itself. Even so, if you had something which used your mobile phone to tell you when your board was moved.... it's already too late. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll ever work up the courage to go and have a crap whilst leaving my hugely expensive new board outside. Not that anyone at your average resort would be able to ride it away, but they could carry it off and hang it on their wall...

Actually this sort of thing could work as a theft deterrent. Not sure I'd want to "track" the chap who steals my board though, at least not if they were bigger than me.